Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need More Meth? Just Sell Your Baby.

Police: Calif couple tried to sell baby at Walmart

A California couple faces child endangerment charges after police say they tried to sell their 6-month-old baby for $25 outside a Walmart store.

Salinas police spokesman, Officer Lalo Villegas, said Thursday that Patrick Fousek, 38, and Samantha Tomasini, 20, were arrested early Wednesday, hours after Fousek allegedly approached two women outside Walmart and asked if they'd like to purchase his child.

The women initially thought Fousek was joking, but when he became persistent, they became suspicious and reported it to police, Villegas said.

"They did an outstanding job and gave our officers good information. I don't know if they're mothers but they definitely had that instinct to help," Villegas said.

Fousek and Tomasini were arrested at 1 a.m. Wednesday at their home. Officers said the couple appeared high on methamphetamine and the house was in disarray. A police report also claimed that Tomasini told Child Protective Services, who took the baby, that she had breast-fed the infant while under the influence, Villegas said.

The couple was also booked on charges of being under the influence of narcotics, and Fousek was also served with an extra charge of violating probation. Villegas did not have details of Fousek's previous brush with the law.

The couple was expected to be in court for an arraignment Friday, at which time they would be assigned public defenders.
    Pretty shocking right? Apparently the inmates at the Monterey County Jail agreed, because they beat the crap out of the father.

Alleged Walmart Parking Lot Baby Salesman Beaten in Jail, Say Cops

Prisoners in Monterey County Jail apparently made clear how they felt about Patrick Fousek's alleged attempt to sell his infant daughter for $25 in a Walmart parking lot - they beat him to a pulp, according to jail officials.

When Fousek and the child's mother, Samantha Tomasini, appeared at an arraignment Friday under heightened security, Fousek sported a badly swollen black eye and stitches to his lip.

Both were seated apart from other inmates in the courtroom.

Sheriff's Cmdr. Mike Richards said inmates in the open dorm where Fousek had been housed jumped him at 10:15 p.m., after the details of his charges were reported on television news. Fousek was taken to a nearby hospital where he was treated for two cracked ribs and multiple injuries to his face, according to the Monterey County Herald.

This incident should definitely be considered for the Hall of Shame.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Need More Meth? Just Sell Your Baby.

Its always amazed me that with all the killers, and the like in the prisons they all agree "Dont Mess With The Kids". Good for them I say. Anyone that tries to sell a baby for drugs deserves to get beat every day. Some times maybe even twice a day.

Lol, that should be his sentance. 5 years in jail, housed in general pop. :) Have at 'em guys, he's got 5 more years

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I don't expect any different from people on Meth...

Many of them are Paranoid as ****(duh) and you have to coerce them into telling the truth.

Don't do drugs kids!
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

So it's better that their kids be kept with the parents?

Yet we have adoption systems and surrogate mothers and fertility clinics, and rich people willing to pay a high fee to get a baby. Why is that ok but this isn't? (And remember, Walmart is the place to go for low prices!)

Let these people sell their kid so it can at last get a good home. And while we're at it, sterilize them so they don't make any more that need placement. (With feral animals, this is called TNR: Trap/Neuter/Release.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
          Yet we have adoption systems and surrogate mothers and fertility clinics, and rich people willing to pay a high fee to get a baby. Why is that ok but this isn't? (And remember, Walmart is the place to go for low prices!)
          Adoption systems are exactly what this child needs. Surrogate mothers are for people who want to have children but are incapable of doing it on their own (for example, one of my best friends since childhood has severe endometriosis. having a baby herself would kill her, literally. but she still produces eggs, and she wants children with her husband. a zygote can be implanted in a surrogate and left to cook. surrogate mothers, contrary to popular belief, dont require a man to have sex with someone other than his wife). And generally, the rich people willing to pay a high price for a baby either have to go through standard legal channels here or go through another country where the laws of just paying people off for their kid is legal.

Thats why those things are ok. You're making a huge leap here between legal adoption/childbirth/fertility options and selling your infant outside of walmart in the middle of the night for $25 bucks. Not the same thing man, not even remotely close to being the same thing.

Comment

Once you grant the right of unqualified people to breed and the right of qualified people to buy offspring, I don't see much of a leap to selling babies for $25. Does it make it better if they require that the buyer fill out a stack of qualifying paperwork first? I don't see this pair as having the two neurons to rub together to make that happen.

The more interesting question is what happens when they discover no one wants to buy the kid. Do they dump it in a dumpster? (That seems to be the more common practice of people desperate to get out of parenthood and lacking the cognitive ability to take it to the government to get rid of.) The higher you raise the bar to getting the kid out of that situation, the more likely something tragic is going to happen.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Please, since the lack of understanding continues, explain to me how my friend, who was born with a severe case of a genetic disorder that effects 1 in 8 women globally (though usually not as severe as hers), is unqualified to breed? She's a college graduate with a doctorate and a $200k a year job. Her husband is a partner at a major florida law firm and makes almost as much as she does. Any child they brought into this world would be cared for more than adequately, but by your logic, she is unqualified to be a mother because she cannot have her own kids without a very very high risk of certain death.

I think you need to really re-evaluate what you said. There is a huge leap between the two. Legal adoptions cost many thousands of dollars. Surrogate mothers are paid thousands of dollars. Even those people who go to foreign countries to shirk the laws here to adopt pay thousands of dollars to get it done. Thats a big freaking leap over what essentially amounts to dinner-for-two at mcdonalds.

And to answer your question: who knows? That would entirely be up to them. You're trying to justify "unqualified" people breeding. Well, that right has been granted since the beginning of time. Theres no test to be a parent. There is no requirement you have to meet other than having the ability to procreate. Drug addicts are going to breed just as much as everyone else. Its simply a hope that when a situation like this one arises, that someone does the right thing and the child can go on to recover in a better place. In this case, that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                I think you need to really re-evaluate what you said.
                I'm not sure how I got misconstrued. It's the ones who can breed but then sell their kids for a pittance that I consider unqualified as parents and good candidates for sterilization. Your friend is the qualified one who's the other side of the equation, the potential buyer.

Also, I think the drug addiction in this case is just a symptom of a deeper malady of incompetence here, the kind we see take over the world in Idiocracy. Successful people get addicted, too, and many manage to function fine while addicted, provided that all the evils of criminalization (bad ingredients, incarceration, violence, high prices due to risk) don't cripple them.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  I'm not sure how I got misconstrued. It's the ones who can breed but then sell their kids for a pittance that I consider unqualified as parents and good candidates for sterilization. Your friend is the qualified one who's the other side of the equation, the potential buyer.

Also, I think the drug addiction in this case is just a symptom of a deeper malady of incompetence here, the kind we see take over the world in Idiocracy. Successful people get addicted, too, and many manage to function fine while addicted, provided that all the evils of criminalization (bad ingredients, incarceration, violence, high prices due to risk) don't cripple them.
                  and the solution to that is eugenics ?
                  Once you grant the right of unqualified people to breed and the right of qualified people to buy offspring
                  And while we're at it, sterilize them so they don't make any more that need placement. (With feral animals, this is called TNR: Trap/Neuter/Release.)
                  I'm sure I misconstrued that right ?
                  or were you suggesting there is some august body imbued with the wisdom to determine who will be good parents ?
                  You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                  So that when they turn their backs on you,
                  You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                    or were you suggesting there is some august body imbued with the wisdom to determine who will be good parents ?
                    Drug addicts will not be good parents.

|TG| Buletproof_Bob

Comment

Originally posted by mamahmed View Post
                      Drug addicts will not be good parents.
                      Really ?
                      How do you know ?
                      What kind of drugs are you talking about ?
                      Define addict and a bunch of other questions that would sort of need to be answered before you sterilized somebody.
                      I think implantable contraceptives for everyone would be a good idea, and when you earn a license to have a child, and can prove you have the resources to raise them, the implant is turned off.
                      But that is a little different that catch, neuter and release.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

I know because in the case we are discussing right now they tried to sell a their child. I dont know a screening process for everyone, but in this case its obvious that these 2 should not be allowed to have a kid.

|TG| Buletproof_Bob

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                          and the solution to that is eugenics ?
                          Sure, why not?

So you're saying adoption agencies should just hand out babies to anyone, first come first served? (Not that I have a problem with that. My only qualification would be, "do you want a kid?" The people in the first post clearly don't, and hence should be forever disqualified from it.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X