Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam

I just had this linked to me and am wondering how true it is.

http://bloggersbase.com/politics-and-opinions/3-islam/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdMlT3E7cg

It makes these claims:

Islam has not been hijacked.

It's inherently violent and there's no such thing as liberal Islam.

Global imposition of Islamic doctrine & practice is a religious duty.

Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims to protect and advance the imposition of Islam.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Islam

The same examples can be shown in Christian doctrine. Christianity just has a few hundred years head start, has already had several major splinter groups (the Lutheran movement, Mormonism, etc). Muslims already has Sunni and Shiite groups that have conflicting views, Muslims that move to and intentionally integrate into western culture are more open minded than those in primarily Islamic countries just like everyone else. Christianity also advocates the spreading of the religion to the entire world, the Inquisition and Crusades are good examples and apply to all Christians as much as any Islamic violence applies to all Muslims.

Don't get me started on the stupid Sharia law crap. Hello Christmas as a national holiday and declaration of a national trust in God on many government issued currencies and emblems.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      It's inherently violent and there's no such thing as liberal Islam.
      Yes and no. Yes it has violence, but it also stresses peace. Like the bible

Global imposition of Islamic doctrine & practice is a religious duty.
      Yes, same as it is in all other faiths

Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims to protect and advance the imposition of Islam.
      Not 100% on the "advance the imposition" part, but yes Muslims are allowed to decieve non muslims but only in acts of self preservation. I/E Muslims aren't allowed to drink alcohol but if a muslim that lives somewhere that being muslim will get him killed, he will drink wine to provide the illusion he is not muslim. Thereby saving his life.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Here are the main differences between true Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

Christianity: Teaches Evangelism, but not Law. It teaches to respect the law of whatever nation you're in. Example: Jesus taught to respect the Roman government, pay their taxes, etc. even though they were being persecuted at the time. Now many Christians try to impose their beliefs through the law/legislation, BUT that is not a Christian duty.

Judaism: Has a certain way of law and how to govern, but does not Evangelize.

Islam: Mandates BOTH law (Sharia) AND Evangelism. It is the one religion of the three that requires both of those things.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

The actions of the majority of the Christian churches and it's many denominations mandate both law and evangelism, even if the bible itself does not. Therefore Christianity mandates both law and evangelism as a religion.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
            The actions of the majority of the Christian churches and it's many denominations mandate both law and evangelism, even if the bible itself does not. Therefore Christianity mandates both law and evangelism as a religion.
            But that's religion, and not biblical, whereas the Quran does mandate both. Let me alter slightly what I stated above: Christians do it, but is NOT a biblical duty. Although many denominations foul things up, the Bible SHOULD be the source of Christian behavior.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
              But that's religion, and not biblical, whereas the Quran does mandate both. Let me alter slightly what I stated above: Christians do it, but is NOT a biblical duty. Although many denominations foul things up, the Bible SHOULD be the source of Christian behavior.
              Eh? Depends on how you interpret that book. The old testament does pretty much dictate law. I knew bible thumpers that said the new testament was only some gentle amendments to the original law not meant to supplant the old book, but to allow some leeway when it could be afforded by man.

I knew some thumpers that said the new testament wasn't written by god at all but was devils work.

I knew some thumpers that said the new book was simply gods test of man and man would fail as proven by the book of revelations.

If Islam could just have a new testament things could be peachy.

But yea, Islam, like all religions, suck when it comes to the advancement of the human race. I think it is comforting to many but that comfort is keeping us all back because many fight like hell to keep that security blanket.
              Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 08-03-2010, 10:46 PM.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                Christianity is not defined by the bible, the bible is the primary book of the Christian religion. One of the denominations fouling things up is people who focus too much on the bible and forget it is a collection of writings that was never intended to be the absolute word but instead a guide.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

De Facto will always win out over De Jure. It doesn't matter what the implications of it theoretically are, all that matters is the practice. Communism looks fantastic on paper, however in practice it's failed miserably.

Comment

I would say the same failure applies to democracy as communism when applied to any large population. At least a constitutional republic makes it slightly harder to screw over the populace then democracy or communism.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      Yes and no. Yes it has violence, but it also stresses peace. Like the bible
                      Ever seen the movie "Collosus: The Forbin Project"? The supercomputer offers humanity a choice of submission to its domination or the "peace of death" (ie. nuclear annihilation of the planet). When I hear "peace", I take it with a grain of salt.

I'm seeing the claim that Muslims promise peace, after everyone converts:

http://qb.gomen.org/QuranBrowser/cgi...hstring=008:39

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                        Christianity is not defined by the bible, the bible is the primary book of the Christian religion. One of the denominations fouling things up is people who focus too much on the bible and forget it is a collection of writings that was never intended to be the absolute word but instead a guide.
                        This verse seems to deny separability:

http://qb.gomen.org/QuranBrowser/cgi...hstring=013:36

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey

I'm seeing the claim that Muslims promise peace, after everyone converts:

http://qb.gomen.org/QuranBrowser/cgi...hstring=008:39
                          depends on the interpretation. i mean look how they differ.

"Pickthall: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do. "

"Hilali-Khan: And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do. "

i would guess Hilali-Khan is a little bit more radical.

i think there differences between "persecution & oppression" and only "worshipping others besides Allah", or did i misunderstand it?

Ingame name: TG-E1st Gromkara

Comment

Of course you did, now let me talk about Christianity and all it's evils.
                            Blah
                            Blah
                            racist
                            Blah blah
                            fox news
                            bigot
                            Blah
                            blah
                            I surrender.
                            You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                            So that when they turn their backs on you,
                            You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Read Three Cups of Tea, and then you will see from a much different perspective what moderate Islam is like. People today generally group all muslims with the radical groups that come out of the madrassa's promoting al-jihād al-asghar.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...