College Football 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2011

I didn't start this thread earlier because..."This is Utah State" and OU looked bad in the first win.

But this is OUR HOUSE!!!! FU FSU!

Of course, I didn't expect OU to to do this well after their poor win against Utah state. I recorded this game and didn't start watching until I saw OU was up 27 to 7.

Therefore I admit I am a pussy fan.

But what amazed me was that the receivers actually caught the ball.

Ohio state also looked pretty good.

How did VT loose to James Madison? How did KU beat GT when they KU lost to that North Dakota State?
    I知 not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: College Football 2011

I thought the Buffs *might* be in for a good season when we beat CSU last weekend 24-3. I guess the unadulterated ass-whooping that Cal handed us today (52-7 Cal) has kinda nixed that chance. IMO, CU needs to fire Hawkins, all of the rest of the coaching staff, and release ALL of the players and start from scratch. They better do it before we join the PAC-10 too, or else it aint gonna be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      and release ALL of the players and start from scratch.
      Well, ever since 1990, there has not really been any redeeming factor for a high ranking recruit to go to CU. You might need a few good year's records before starting from scratch.

My poor Vols are having a tough time as well after Kiffin (Cursed be his name) decided to ditch us and run his little pussy over to USC. Tennessee will come back sometime however, you can bet our 6 national championships on it.

BLEED ORANGE

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
        Well, ever since 1990, there has not really been any redeeming factor for a high ranking recruit to go to CU. You might need a few good year's records before starting from scratch.
        You must be forgetting the 2003 season when we got bent over the barrel by the BCS when we were supposed to be in the national championship game. Seriously, how does the #2 team at the time (nebraska) get beat 62-36 by the #3 team and not swap ranks? Either way, we wound up in third place.

Comment

I agree with Ferris. CU is a pretty big name school and Hawkins has been kept around to long. Hawkins was the nail but Neuheisel started the downfall.

I think they will do fine after they get to the PAC-10 if they get a better coach. CU has always had more a west coast feel and I think they will recruit better.
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I was wondering why this is in the Sandbox. Isn't college football kinda like a video game? Maybe we need a section for sports. Or is football more like religion? :p
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Its probably my location, where I live we are mostly SEC/ACC focused so we do not get much information about Pac-10/Big-12 area teams. Wikipedia may be lying but it says you were 5-7 in the 2003 season.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

This is probably why I don't have much school pride. I love College Football, way more entertaining than the NFL. But our school hasn't had a football team for quite some time despite a new stadium being built :P

Comment

I'm looking forward to my Arizona Wildcats pulling the upset against Iowa at home on Saturday. I think this is the year that we finally make the Rose Bowl, although the 1-7 teams in the Pac-10 are all pretty tough this year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just got given a University of Missouri hoodie avec Tigre so guess I'll be supporting the Tigers. Hope they're good!?!

Comment

Texas fans?

Any out there?

HUH?

Tee hee.

Comment

Oh God Tennessee why must you have 13 players out on Defense.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                          Oh God Tennessee why must you have 13 players out on Defense.
                          I concur. (I hate LSU as do all OU fans.)

Comment

How bout those brainacs from Stanford? It just isn't right they are smart AND good at football. (Actually Stanford is my second favorite team after OU. For exactly that reason.)
                            Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 10-02-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

How about Kansas fans? How bad does it hurt when BAYLOR beats you by 48 points?

I'm watching the CU-Georgia game right now. CU looked badass during the first quarter, then they started crapping the bed...as usual.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X