YouCut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouCut

YouCut a first-of-its-kind project - is designed to defeat the permissive culture of runaway spending in Congress. It allows you to vote, both online and on your cell phone, on spending cuts that you want to see the House enact. For the next several weeks, Congress stands in recess, but YouCut will continue - when Congress is back in session, we will bring your cuts to the floor for a vote. Vote on this page today for your priorities and together we can begin to change Washington's culture of spending into a culture of savings.
    Looks like an interesting program. What would you cut?

What would help here is a good view of the current budget so one could pick things to cut. I've seen some treemaps of past budgets that help to visualize how the budget is put together.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: YouCut

Well I'm not a US citizen but how about cutting the hundreds of billion dollars for the defense department?
    Not to sound like a hippie here but... come on... is all that money really neccessary?
    sigpic

Comment

To feed the suckling mouths of the Military-Industrial Complex, it is.

Comment

How much of a subsidy does the US give Europe to base personnel there? (Just think of all the benefits to businesses that surround a base. People hate it when you close a base in their midst, because of all that money pouring into the area from tax bases far away.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I don't know, there are no US soldiers in my country. And I don't think that Germany has to have 50.000 or so.
          Why do they have to be stationed there in the first place?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vouk View Post
            I don't know, there are no US soldiers in my country. And I don't think that Germany has to have 50.000 or so.
            Why do they have to be stationed there in the first place?
            From what I understand, it's a rapid-deployment spot. Just in case some Polish communist steals bananas from a fruit stand and we want to be able to deploy Apaches quickly to the scene.

Comment

Why do they hate bananas?! Why?!
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed