X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin foil hat time

This seems like the latest fad in ludditism:

http://www.dirtyelectricity.org/health-issues.shtml

With the worldwide increased consumer demand of electricity, those who study electrical pollution maintain that the modern electrical environment is dangerous to human health. With the abundance of computers and other electrical appliances, exposure to "dirty" electricity has increased significantly. Researchers of electrical pollution explain that the current electricity distribution infrastructure cannot properly handle the increased electricity dependence and demand of modern appliances. Therefore, millions of people are being exposed to harmful electrical phenomena. The wires and transformers are not only delivering the juice to run electrical devices, but are also the carrier of dangerous high frequency currents.
    This is currently being used to justify stopping the conversion from incandescent lights to CFLs. (I prefer CFLs, but I don't think incandescents should be banned, as has already happened in the UK.)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Tin foil hat time

Stepping outside during the daytime without sunscreen exposes your skin to harmful ultraviolet radiation. Living in a city exposes your cardiovascular system to harmful air pollution. Eating at a fast food restaurant fills your body with harmful cholesterol and saturated fat... blahblahblah...

Comment

As a medical professional, i can guarantee that if you breathe an oxygen/nitrogen mix for long enough, you will encounter health problems and eventually, death.

Comment

I'm sure I've heard this before...
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

So basically, they're bringing up the "power lines = cancer" thing again? Ehhh...

Comment

Everything = cancer
            sigpic

Comment

Saliva causes cancer, but only if swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.
              --George Carlin

Comment

Nothing that I like is healthy. Does anyone know their alternatives to electricity or are they saying we should all become amish?

|TG| Buletproof_Bob

Comment

The amish do make warm Quilts and great cookies....

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                  George S. Patton

Comment

I also suggested in the Facebook threat that they take extreme precautions and go out to their electrical panel and turn all the breakers off. This has the added benefit of removing them from the Internet.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The State of California issued an energy efficient state block grant that gave cities shipments of CFL light bulbs as well as LED night lights. These things aren't cheep either, they're quite nice and I have a couple in my home. My job on Saturdays at a Farmer's Market is to hand these out to people who shop at the market. I can't tell you how many people decline 'free light bulbs'. I've had this one women repeatedly told me that I as well as the government can go to hell for giving out free light bulbs that contain mercury.

Never before have I wanted to punch someone in the nose so hard.

Comment

Sirus, look 'Westboro Baptist Church' up in youtube and think about your last statement ;)
                        sigpic

Comment

I wonder where I might find those in northern California? I'd love to get free LED light bulbs. Are there any requirements for people to get them?

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            I wonder where I might find those in northern California? I'd love to get free LED light bulbs. Are there any requirements for people to get them?
                            Not that I know of, it's up to the cities themselves how to distribute them. Since we started a Farmer's market in our area not too long ago it made sense to give them out as a promotion in our area. Check your city website or give City Hall a call, it might be as simple as walking in :)

Comment

Alas, I live between cities, in county-controlled area (Contra Costa).

I'm guessing this is the program you're running:

http://www.placentia.org/index.aspx?nid=177

Is this the grant?

http://www.energy.ca.gov/releases/20...n-release.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X