Trash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash

There's a bunch of videos circulating now comparing the trash left after Beck's DC rally and that left this weekend following the One Nation Rally. Beck's rally appears to be much more populous (although I'm sure comparisons of the number of attendees of the two rallies will be heavily challenged) but it also looks spotless, while the union event full of "green" "pro-environment" people left the mall looking like a landfill. I consider myself a slob, yet I find this level of abuse pretty repulsive. (While I treat my own property with pig-like concern, I was brought up to treat others' property with respect.)

Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Trash

I gotta say I hate the crap video for it's stupid insulting rhetoric. But it also draws a false positive. Let's look at a small amount of camera footage in a certain area and dictate this as evidence of how clean it was at Beck's rally far away from where it actually took place. Then let's look at the trash left over immediately on site where another rally took place, one that did involve a lot more signs, water bottles, etc. It's like comparing the best case scenario to the worst. I'm not saying I condone the amount of trash left behind. I find it disgusting just as much as the next person. However I can tell you from personal experience after any public event the amount of trash left over is exorbitant. It doesn't matter what kind of function you have, people are slobs.

Comment

Lest I give a false impression, I'm not a Beck follower. I occasionally listen to a few minutes of his show on the way to work (a 10 minute commute) for amusement, but I sneer at his statements as much if not more as agreeing with them But I learned to show respect for other people, even when I detest what they're saying, and that includes not trashing their property. At least, as long as the "war" is one of ideas and words and not violence and theft.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

While I agree it is out of context, the environmental people should do a better job of practicing what they preach, and at least get the trash into the trash cans.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I've actually heard from people who were at the rally that the rally area was left spotless by the so-called "anti-environment evil conservatives". I've been to a LOT of concerts and benefit events in Austin and elsewhere with tons of greenpeace folks, hippies, enviro-nazis, and every left-wing group you could imagine, and at EVERY one of those events, they would utterly trash the place. Utter cesspools.

It's annoying how they just want to legislate "greenness", while taking no responsibility for themselves. Totally hypocritical. While you may not like the comments of the video, or think it's narrowly filmed, it completely mirrors all of my own personal experiences with "conservative" and "liberal" events. I've been to Tea Party rallies. I've been to (multiple) Ani Difranco concerts. This video is EXACTLY how it is.

Take a look at certain popular music festivals: Bonaroo, ACL Fest, Lollapalooza, Woodstock '99, Vans Warped Tour, etc. Every one of those has been completely dominated by an air of leftism. God knows how many "F-Bush" and "Bush is a Nazi" speeches I've had to endure at those events. There was tons of people preaching about how Bush hates fuzzy bunnies in Alaska and such. But at the same time, the people were entirely trashing the concert grounds. Every one of those concerts has been absolutely disgusting.
          Last edited by War.mongeR1; 10-07-2010, 12:56 AM.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Even that is slightly out of focus though. The median age at those festivals you mentioned is what, 18? Now I don't know about you, but I've never met that many responsible 18 year olds, far fewer who could keep it together in an environment largely fueled by drugs and alcohol (I used to go to these festivals all the time, so this too is a product of experience). So I wholly expect those places to get trashed.

So while festivals generally do have a strong leftist slant, they're still festivals centered around entertainment. Comparing them to political rallies, which have a much higher median age and completely different target demographic, is apples to oranges.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't condone either groups action in leaving a venue trashed, but at least with one set, its expected. With the other, sure, that's some hypocrisy there, but since none of us were there, we can't be sure it isn't a sham or taken out of context.

Comment

It's just public venues in general that get trashed. I've worked enough parades to tell you that the amount of trash left behind is atrocious. Especially when free fans, flyers, etc. are passed out. Trash is just another problem with people assembling. It costs money to clean up but it happens anyways. Disneyland has smartly placed a trash receptacle every 10 paces. As much as this helps there is still an insane amount of trash and plenty of custodians to a small area to clean it up.

I will agree though, considering the one meeting is based around being green it's sad to see such a state left.

Comment

Perhaps we could convince the youngsters who trash the grounds that every piece of trash left lying about helps an oil company.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X