Canon G12 or Nikon P7000?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon G12 or Nikon P7000?

Can't decide which is going to give me the best video. Reviews tend to say G12 put I have trouble seeing the why of it.

Any insights?
    sigpic

Re: Canon G12 or Nikon P7000?

UPDATE:

The best comparative review I have found is here. I have the p7000 and a week to decide. But I am very interested in the G12's swivel LCD panel.
    sigpic

Comment

Is video recording your primary concern? Or are you just looking for a point and shoot camera that can also capture video?
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

The specs look very similar. The 24mm on the P7000 could be useful compared to the G12 28mm when shooting video. One thing to consider when using photo cameras for video, they all lack useful autofocus in video mode. Some have it, but it does not work very well, others do not support it at all.

Why did you narrow it down between these two cams? Give some examples on what you are planning to do with it.
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
          Is video recording your primary concern? Or are you just looking for a point and shoot camera that can also capture video?
          I want two things: better pictures than my former P&S Canon Powershot SD960 IS. And 720 HD video of comparable quality to my Powershot, but hopefully better.

The G12 and P7000 are considered semi-pro cameras (and they do take very nice photos). I am trying to recreate videos (same conditions) with the p7000 as I took with my Powershot, but this is not as easy as it sounds.

I'll link a few of the P7000 videos here after classes today or tomorrow.
          sigpic

Comment

If you are looking for pocketable you might also take a look at the Canon S95 which sports the same (or very similar) sensor as the G12 but is smaller in size.

I own a Canon S95 as "carryaround backup". Picture quality is amazing for a P&S (f/2.0 lens), you still get full manual controls, it shoots 720p video and fits in your pocket.
            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X