[Help] Rendered video is distorted at times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help] Rendered video is distorted at times

I've had a problem since a while now, the rendered video is distorted every now and then. Mostly when I turn quickly in-game. I don't have a good computer so I would like the rendering time to be acceptable. I have tried countless configurations for rendering and no one seem to work.

Check pretty much any video and see for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexSwePR/videos

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 and I'm uploading to youtube.

I would really appreciate some help in this.

Re: [Help] Rendered video is distorted at times

Not sure what you mean by distorted. Are you talking about the compression artifacts?

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
      Not sure what you mean by distorted. Are you talking about the compression artifacts?
      Exactly. I didn't even know what they were called, that's why I couldn't really find any clear solution online. If it's not clear already I am new to this with video editing and such.

I anyone have a solution I'd be glad but now that I know what it's called I can google around a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sweedesniiperr View Post
        Exactly. I didn't even know what they were called, that's why I couldn't really find any clear solution online. If it's not clear already I am new to this with video editing and such.

I anyone have a solution I'd be glad but now that I know what it's called I can google around a bit.
        There are a few things that will affect the level of compression artifacting.

The first is simply the bitrate. For HD video on Youtube I typically export somewhere around 15Mbps. You can go higher but remember that Youtube is going to compress it too and sometimes their compression looks worse when you try to use a really big file. Use constant bitrate (CBR) because variable bitrate (VBR) is not very good for gaming videos that have so much motion all the time.

Second, in Vegas try exporting to a WMV format. In the custom settings for it change the 'Seconds per Keyframe' down to 1. This is going to raise your file size quite a bit but it will make the video look a lot more crisp. Turn up the 'video smoothness' bar to 100.

Comment

I watched both the Project REality 1.0 video and the Swapper video.

I think I know what your talking about with "distortion"

I would like to know what your recording with. otherwise make sure to render as close to your screen size as possible so if I have a 1600x900 screen i would one up to 1080p but lets say your using a screen thats like waaaaaaaay higher than 1080p, you have to downsize anyways but i'd downsize to 1080p not 720p because i'd expect a loss in quality.
          There are of 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation.
          That's one firearm per every 12 people on the planet.
          The only question is, How do we arm the other 11?

Comment

Alright so I tried kevlars rendering method and I did see some improvement but I'm still not satisfied. It's less obvious but at least I can see if in the rendered clip a do a full 180. Could the problem be that I don't have vsync on for PR?

@Bevertails: The swapper clip is actually raw so it should have no problem with that. I'm recording with fraps, game running at 720 and so is desktop. Monitor is made for 1280x800 so 720 was the best alternative.

Comment

Figured.. Are you recording to a separate HDD?
              There are of 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation.
              That's one firearm per every 12 people on the planet.
              The only question is, How do we arm the other 11?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X