X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce ShadowPlay Beta Launching October 28th

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ble-october-28

Choice quotes:

On October 28th NVIDIA will be releasing GeForce Experience 1.7 on GeForce.com and through the in-app automatic updater. In addition to the latest Optimal Settings updates and a few other surprises, GeForce Experience 1.7 will introduce GeForce ShadowPlay Beta, a highly anticipated gameplay capture tool.

Fast, free and easy-to-use, ShadowPlay is a new approach to gameplay recording, utilizing an on-board H.264 encoder built into GeForce GTX 600 and 700 Series graphics cards, and an innovative recording mode that shadows your every in-game move.

ShadowPlay leverages the H.264 hardware encoder found on GeForce GTX 600 and 700 Series graphics cards to record 1920x1080, 60 frames per second. All DirectX 9 and newer games are supported. In comparison to software solutions that hammer the CPU, ShadowPlay’s hardware solution has an approximate 5-10% performance impact when using the max-quality 50 mbps recording mode, and by saving to automatically-encoded and compressed H.264 .mp4 files, ShadowPlay avoids the disk-thrashing, humongous, multi-gigabyte files associated with other gameplay recording applications.

If you prefer to save every single moment, enable Manual Mode with the rebindable Alt + F9 hotkey, which acts like traditional gameplay recorders, saving your entire session to disk. Windows 7 files cap out at 4GB per file due to OS limitations, but on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, file size is only limited by available hard disk space, enabling hours of footage to be recorded to a single file.
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyy3ZijLJ0s
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: GeForce ShadowPlay Beta Launching October 28th

sounds great

oops I just bought an AMD for BF4 because of mantle ! :)

Comment

I'm looking forward to this!

Comment

I love how it doesn't need to much processing power.
        Questions about those who deserve it!
        "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Ok I tried it the other night . . . no issues and no bandwidth rob when playing ArmA3, but (Huge BUT) . . . when we were done I was left with "unreadable" AVI files . . . nice and big at 4GB each . . . but no amount of messing with them made them work.

Thoughts?? . . . am I doing something wrong?? . . . I'm going to play more with it today but thought I'd ask you guys as well.

MadSoloSniper

Comment

I've been using it also... no problems, but I did lower the capture time down to 1 min... and just capture a highlight or two, you come into problems with longer times and bigger files.

This video was made with a collection of 1 minute captures... no corruption and no lose at all... HIGH setting, 1920x1080x32.

and more on the page.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

It seems to 'stop' working during BF4 sessions a lot of the time. I'm not sure if its the constant alt-tabbing or what.

Comment

^It only records in fullscreen mode. So if your alt tabbing - yes it would stop.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X