Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Go Pro aerial drone for X-mas... what a woman...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Go Pro aerial drone for X-mas... what a woman...

As some of you know (close friends here), it's been a very bad year for my family and I... first a brain cancer scare for me, cleared good back in Feb. Then my troubled daughter getting drunk and smashing her face in a mailbox, breaking her jaw and teeth, recovering, and then just last month my wife had the breast cancer scare, after 4 different doctors, cleared not cancer... so a bad year, but not terrible results... anyway, medical bills and my good kids full collage price tag out of our pocket, and my troubled daughters legal and medical cost... made this a very costly year for the Magnum household... anyway, way off track...

We decided to keep this X-mas to a minimum, few presents for the kids, socks and underwear for me, and some simple crap for the woman...

Anyway, wife knows how I've been getting into filming with the Go Pro Hero 3+ (videos on my you tube page), So I showed her a video of a drone that holds the camera, just mentioned how cool it would be, especially taking it to this new years 24 hours at Daytona, or flying it over the boat when we scuba dive... but I said, maybe next year... anyway she found a way to get it for me, breaking our agreement... but still, cool... what a woman...

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/

So after the 24 hours at Daytona, I'll be posting some aerial footage, till they catch me and tell me to stop. ;)

What a woman... now what to get her. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: new Go Pro aerial drone for X-mas... what a woman...

That's an awesome bird [MENTION=1612]Magnum50[/MENTION]!

I want a quad, but my wife still hasn't gotten over the TREX 600 I bought myself last Christmas.

Comment

Really cool gift- congrats! You will have a blast.

I have been flying a small (5" prop) hexacopter around for a few months now, and have done some aerial shots with a Mobius cam. (I also used the Sony Actioncam for a while.)

I dunno your experience level with this stuff, but I'll say this: it takes a long time to get proficient with just flying the 'copter, and it's easy to get to a point where you think you're good, when all of a sudden, you might have your worst, most destructive crash ever when you try to thread some trees over a certain holiday weekend at your parent's place... I still refuse to fly anywhere near people/breakable property, and that's with my tiny craft and small props.

Check out RCGroups, if you haven't already: tons of great info, lots of opinions, too, but a great place to learn. FPVLab is also good. Have fun!
      OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by khaerus View Post
        Check out RCGroups, if you haven't already: tons of great info, lots of opinions, too, but a great place to learn. FPVLab is also good. Have fun!
        +1

Also check out helifreak.

Comment

Magnum, did that bird land under your tree? Are you gonna get a chance to spool her up this weekend? If you get a crash video, it's mandatory to post it. ;)
          OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

I hate to derail this a little off topic, but Magnum seeing as you seem be to quite proficient with the Hero 3+, do you know of any good GoPro video-making tutorials anywhere? I was gifted one recently and am looking to use it to document sailing and mountain biking, yet I have had difficulty finding where to start.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

GoPro'S official web site is one of the best... videos on using every part of it including the included editor...

http://gopro.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoProCamera

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoProTutorials

I've become quite a expert with the camera, have 3 of them... any question or concerns feel free to PM me.

(not that I'm a good videographer or editor... yet.)

AND BTW, it was shipped broken, the Phantom, had to send it back.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X