I want to do a time laspe video Q?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to do a time laspe video Q?

Ya, I know, not really game related but anyway...

Been learning and enjoying different forms of photography with my new GoPro Hero 3+

Really like Time lapses videos, been learning with sunsets here in Florida, when thunderstorm season comes, will do a few of those. (Florida is the lightning capitol of the world, lol.)

I ran across this article... 1) I noticed he did it in daylight, which makes it more visible, and 2) His was every 5 secs over a 9 hour trip...

Was wondering, I want to do this at night in my patrol vehicle, a 12 hour shift will be boring, little to nothing happens after 3 AM in Naples, but say from 9 PM to 3 AM would be the most active... what you think? Do-able? What settings would you recommend?

http://a.wholelottanothing.org/2013/...pro-hero3.html

Thx.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: I want to do a time laspe video Q?

Personally I find it kind of boring to watch a timelapse movie where its the same speed allthrough. I realise it will take lot of space but recording in fullspeed and then speed up in post will give you more options to make an interesting movie. The you can slow it down when theres something interesting happening and you can really speed up the boring bits. It makes the whole thing more dynamic. Thats how I would do it.
    sigpic

Comment

24 frames a second. so just remember you need 24 pictures to make 1 second of footage.

so work out how long you roughly want the video to be, look at the time period your doing, then work out the interval

eg, 5 hour period = 300 minutes

say you want it down to 1 minute, you would need 1440 pictures

300/1440 = 0.208 minutes

0.208 * 60 = 12.48 seconds

so you'd be looking at roughly 1 picture every 12 seconds.

then just set your go pro to the closest setting

Comment

Thx... I've been doing some trial and error learning, nothing spectular, just learning right now... found out my battery only last 3 hours, was/am a little disappointed in that...

My first test video was 3 hours long, condense to under a minute of a simple storm rolling in over my house:

and then my 2nd test was 3 hours of patrol, in my car, (paused during calls), just patrolling around, doing 2 or 3 traffic stops, going downtown to the night life area, some dark side streets, and then ending with a code run (lights and siren) to a domestic in progress, battery died while on that call... 3 hours under 1 min...

still learning.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

not bad! if you had a DSLR i'd tell you about all the tricks you can do when taking the pictures to make it appear smoother, like having a slightly longer shutter time

as for battery, make sure your wifi is off obviously, you could also look at getting a larger battery for your go pro

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X