Game streaming - how??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game streaming - how??

And from a TG perspective what do you guys think is the best way (system, service etc.) to do this?

Looking to tie in a few friends who like to watch a good battle, but aren't really "into" the whole game thing (yet - snicker).

I've been to "livestream" but it looks like more than I need (like WAAAYYYY more).

thoughts?

Thanks,

MadSoloSniper (Solo)

Re: Game streaming - how??

Dxtory + OBS + an twitch account will do.
    TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

I got twitch (account) . . . . and "XSplit Gamecaster" (I would think this is where Dxtory fits in) - not sure what OBS is though.

Comment

https://obsproject.com/
        TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

I use OBS for recording (not streaming) and have found it quite ok. Wasn't really convinced by Xsplit but it seems to be very streaming focused where OBS seems a bit more general.
          sigpic

Comment

I know AMD is working with Raptr to make it easier to stream using Twitch.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Xsplit is a resource hog. Not good for running intense games especially any ArmA title. OBS is free to use. It is a little tricky to setup but once you start playing with it you can see all of the neat things it does. It's what I use.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ok, I have all of the resources suggested . . . now time to install and see how to use them. It will need to keep for a few weeks as travel is going to cramp my mission play for a bit, but I'll be back and bugging all of you for how to do all of this soon.

Thanks for the input and insight. . . more to come soon.

Solo

Comment

Regarding OBS; if you have an intel processor with the "quicksync" component included you can utilize it to greatly reduce the recording overhead allowing you to record/stream high quality content without taking a large performance hit. It was the best software I found when I researched them 8 months ago or so.

Nvidia and as mentioned above AMD are also creating software packages that(at least Nvidia) allow you to "always" record gameplay and press a button to catch the last 10 minutes(?) or so even if you were not activelyt recording at the time. Which is a pretty nifty feature unless. When I read the breakdown of the Nvidia software it also included a number of limitations that put me off a bit as well. They may have been removed by now.

Ideally you will also want to use a secondary drive to record video to.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X