2015, whats good to record with now ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015, whats good to record with now ?

I have been out of video making for years now, however with squad on the horizon, I want to investigate what are the best ways to record now

For me, my videos must be in HD on youtube, minimal FPS drop when recording, and must record all game sounds + teamspeak +in-game voip channels + my own voice

I would be looking at a bought recorder eg fraps / playclaw or a GPU recorder

So a few questions;
    • 5 years ago fraps and playclaw were about equal, it that still so, or is one clearly better now ?
    • I have an AMD GPU 7970, do they have a built in recorder now and does it record my voice too ? and teamspeak ?

advice appreciated, thanks

Re: 2015, whats good to record with now ?

Have you tried Open Broadcaster Software(OBS)? [Link]

It's something I've used before that I really like.. I don't remember if it records teamspeak though. It's free though, so you can give it a try if you haven't before.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

I have done some more research and AMD and NVidia GPU recorders are the best

The AMD GPU recorder is called GVR, its free with the GPU hardware, it records all sounds (including your voice on mic) and has a 3-9% reduction on in-game FPS
      The Nvidia GPU recorder is called shadowplay, its free with the GPU hardware, it records all sounds (including your voice on mic) and has a 2% reduction on in-game FPS

Fraps and Playclaw, used to be the best recorders. They are paid for $$ applications that are separate from the GPU. Fraps and Playclaw have a 30-50% reduction on in-game FPS. These two recorders may have been dominant in the market around 2012 but they have been totally superseded by the GPU recorders.

Very good in depth article on this
      FPS Benchmark: NVidia ShadowPlay vs. AMD GVR vs. FRAPS | Gamers Nexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks

Comment

Did you compare against OBS? I would be interested and not surprised to find out that each GPU vendor has managed to wring more performance out of their dedicated encoding hardware than a 3rd party.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I use Action! by Mirillis for recording desktop and in-game now. Supports most of the major titles out there. They update frequently (unlike FRAPS). I've given up on other third-party recorders since switching back (I've owned a license for years) a few months ago.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I use nVidia shadow, I lost about 10fps on ARMA3 while its running. It does record microphones but you have to set it up to do so and it does not recognize odd ball keys like mouse4 or anything as your push to talk. Pretty simple and free, set the folder, set the quality, set the length.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X