Help! I am new to blender!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I am new to blender!

Anyone here know the video editor Blender? I am new to it and trying to learn.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Help! I am new to blender!

I watched this tutorial last night...seems like an easy way to get into the animations. He shows the keyboard controls while working along so it's great to follow along and get your first animation completed.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Is this what you came up with for making your 2d animated diagrams (there may be something out there simpler)?
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm excited to learn this tool as I think it will not only be helpful for creating short animations in 3d for things such as infantry diagrams, but it looks like a great tool for updating the video introductions. We've wanted one for TGU content for a while. I've only had about a half hour in the app and not all at once and it's looking very promising.

Garthra, you feel like sharing your blender files as you work? Might be able to collaborate and split up the tasks.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Blender is a 3D modeling and animating tool, not a video editor (though most modern 3D modeling tools include some multimedia importing and limited editing). Though if you're just looking to do a title 3D text, there are simpler tools out there for that purpose. For example, Google's Sketchup tool is far easier to learn and use.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X