Sony Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Vegas

Is anyone familiar with using Sony Vegas? I've just picked myself up a copy to try my hand at some video creation.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Sony Vegas

Hey asch, i own and am quite familiar with the product. i would be more then happy to show you around it. are you available next weekend? (28th&29th)

Comment

Weekends are usually rough for me, wife and all. Catch me online in the evenings.

Are there any good online resources for tutorials or any recommended books?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

i couldn't find any. i just fiddled and played with it for a couple months and got the hang of how things work

Comment

This is my latest
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYWGBD_gZKM
          20 secs in there is a zoom in to minimap and the minimap is sharp and clear
          I have found what I believe is the best way of rendering with Sony to get it looking the best possible on Youtube

Fraps footage was recorded half size which give 512*384
          I select settings below in 3 pics
          This produced a file 71.8Mb for a 4.45 mins movie (see link for youtube above)
          Youtube is 10mins max or 100Mb max (without a directors account, hhhmm need to get one of them)
          so mathmatically at this render quality thats a max of a 6 min movie

Comment

I love my copy of Vegas.

There are a couple of video tutorials on using Vegas on YouTube I believe. I'm more of a push the buttons and figure it out kinda guy, so i just played around for the most part.

I wrote a Picture in Picture thread in this forum if you want to switch between two video feeds in Vegas.
            sigpic

Comment

Pablo posted a few tutorials in this thread

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...tutorials.html

The first one helped me greatly.
              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Has anybody gotten Vegas and DIVX to work properly. Everytime I choose DIVX as the ouput, I get a rendering error. My DIVX is 6.6.1 and Vegas is 7.0e.

Comment

In the "Save as type" option, be sure to select avi. Under template, select uncompressed. Video rendering quality should be at best. Video format, in the "Video tab", should be the divx code. Audio should be in mp3 format and around 128kBit/s and 44,000 kz. Also, I believe the highest resolution that divx can be saved in is 1280x720.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                    Also, I believe the highest resolution that divx can be saved in is 1280x720.
                    Bingo!

I was trying to encode a 1680x1050 clip. As soon as I scaled down the clip it worked fine. It sure would have been nice to have an intelligent error message though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X