No announcement yet.

New video-comments/suggestions please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New video-comments/suggestions please.

I made another video and was hoping for comments.

One of my main concerns is the cutting of the video, there were some short scenes of footage I wanted surrounded by a lot of me not doing anything, so I almost feel that the video is a little choppy. I probably overused the Flash transition, I will have to look at the other transition effects.

http://files.filefront.com/AAR_Berli.../fileinfo.html
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Re: New video-comments/suggestions please.

not a bad video by any means, seemed to flow nicely

Comment

curious for my vid making, what program did you use to film that? and nice job i will add.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I used FRAPS to capture the video and Sony Vegas 6.0 to edit it.

Where in Indiana are you from. I live out in Danville and work downtown.
        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I snagged this vid and gave it a watch. Here is my impressions:

- I agree with you that you overused flashcuts. For a simple transition a crossfade cut is really useful, and as long as the POV doesn't change a whole lot. If you are at statue, and your second clip is also at statue, you can use a crossfade cut and will not have a jarring transition for the viewer. Where I would use a flash cut (or a more complex transition) would be if I was done with my POV at statue and wanted to jump the camera POV to another location (say a flag cap at com center.) Also, when using a flash cut, it should "flash" with the transition being .5-.75 seconds instead of a massive fade to white and back in which some of the transitions you had were up to 2-3 seconds. See Silver's most recent video "Hidus" for excellent use of crossfade cuts.

- Good music choices. But, I like Tom Petty, so I might be biased. ;)

- I liked the time compression on some of the dead parts to speed it up. This worked well, you might want to tone back a bit on the blur. While I like the use of blur to indicate the passage of time, I felt that it was a bit extreme in certain parts. If you are using Vegas you can go into the settings and tone it down some so that more of the original video shows through the blur. A hint is really all that is needed for this kind of time compression.

- The scoreboard at the end is a really good place to use a Pan/Crop. There is a lot of wasted space at the edges of the scoreboard, and zooming in on it will make it much more readable. Split out the different sections of the clip during the scoreboard (or keyframe it,) and apply the pan crop so that only the actual score part is on screen and eliminate the border. This way you only show the impoartant part, and it should be much clearer to the viewer.

- I liked the injection of commentary text. One thing you may want to consider if you are using Vegas that you can add a drop shadow to the text to provide an even level of contrast surrounding the text, so that no matter what the background you have the text is easy to read.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X