ATTN Vista / Fraps users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Vista / Fraps users

There is a new version of Fraps that has addressed an issue with vista and fraps:

http://www.fraps.com/news.php

If you are like me and have vista, you may have had some problems with the ingame sound being recorded if you are running only on board sound. I for one was unable to get the ingame sound recorded and I am excited to try this tonight. Hope this helps others as well.
    |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Re: ATTN Vista / Fraps users

this was already posted a day or two ago :icon1:

Comment

Originally posted by rage4order View Post
      There is a new version of Fraps that has addressed an issue with vista and fraps:

http://www.fraps.com/news.php

If you are like me and have vista, you may have had some problems with the ingame sound being recorded if you are running only on board sound. I for one was unable to get the ingame sound recorded and I am excited to try this tonight. Hope this helps others as well.
      Has this worked for you ?
      I am thinking of upgrading to vista soon and use MB sound

Comment

Yes and NO. I am running onboard sound and I am able to record everything except for my own voice now. This is an improvement but still not where I need it to be. I will be upgrading to a Xfi card in the next few weeks and will update then. As far as the stability of the new version in vista, it works very well, great quality of recording no other issues other than the voice issue.
        |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

Comment

ok thx keep me updated on whether the new sound card solves your last problem

Comment

No voice in game I think is solved by alt-tabbing back out of battlefield and then unmuting your Mic in the control panel.

Comment

What video software do u guys use with Vista? I tried using studio 11 with a fraps file and it's hit or miss. Still buggy i guess, example: the video preview doesn't play, but I could hear the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                No voice in game I think is solved by alt-tabbing back out of battlefield and then unmuting your Mic in the control panel.

But the people in my squad could hear me just fine, wouldn't think they could hear me but Fraps wouldn't record it. Not sure as of yet, will check that next time though. Thanks
                |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

Comment

But the people in my squad could hear me just fine, wouldn't think they could hear me but Fraps wouldn't record it. Not sure as of yet, will check that next time though. Thanks
                  if you unmute mic then load 2142, in part of the loading 2142 mutes the mic

if you exit a server to the main screens then 2142 mutes the mic

so whenever you are about to join a server, alt-tab, unmute mic, alt-tab back into game, then join server (if you fail to join a server for any reason then the mic is probably muted again, so start at beginning again)

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                    if you unmute mic then load 2142, in part of the loading 2142 mutes the mic

if you exit a server to the main screens then 2142 mutes the mic

so whenever you are about to join a server, alt-tab, unmute mic, alt-tab back into game, then join server (if you fail to join a server for any reason then the mic is probably muted again, so start at beginning again)
                    Sorry, just to make sure I am clear on this...While I was recording in fraps, my squad could hear me just fine through my mike but in watching the fraps recorded playback, I could hear everyone responding to me but the recording did not pick up my own voice. Do you think my mike is still being muted? I will check it tonight when I get a chance to get on but I would think if I was getting muted, no one would hear me in game as well...Am I on track with this?
                    |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

Comment

Sorry, just to make sure I am clear on this...While I was recording in fraps, my squad could hear me just fine through my mike but in watching the fraps recorded playback, I could hear everyone responding to me but the recording did not pick up my own voice. Do you think my mike is still being muted? I will check it tonight when I get a chance to get on but I would think if I was getting muted, no one would hear me in game as well...Am I on track with this?
                      Muted mic or not, your squad will hear you talk

Unmuted mic feeds your own voice back into the game sounds/squad voip mix and fraps can record it along with all the rest.

i tap my mic to know when its unmuted or not.

Comment

Thanks Silver, will investigate more and let you guys know.
                        |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

Comment

Thank you all very much for your support. I am still having the same issue with me being muted on Fraps playback. With XP it is very easy to find where to un-mute the line in or mic but in Vista...not so easy, actually, I can not find anywhere in vista where to un mute the mic. I know it is going to be right in front of me but for the life of me, i have not been able to find out where in vista you can mute/unmute the mic. I have spent hours searching through all sound settings, online searching for tips, there have been some there but none have seemed to work. Any help would be appreciated in finding this in vista. Thanks again guys.
                          |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

Comment

If you want to unmute the mic's playback, go to the sound control panel. Select your speakers, click properties, then go to the levels tab. You can mute/unmute devices there.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

New release (2.9.1) fixed the blank screen recording issue I had.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X