Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEGAS questions

2 questions
    1) how do you do text ontop of a playing movie ?
    2) fade to white/black ?

thanks

Re: VEGAS questions

1) There may be a better way, but I insert a new video track (Insert menu). Then you can either use the insert menu and select Text media or in the lower left hand corner (of 6.0 at least) click on the Media Generator tab and select "Text" and you should have several options to choose from.

2) I don't know.

EDIT: I'm horrible at explaining how to do things, here's a screen shot of what I am talking about:

Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
      1) There may be a better way, but I insert a new video track (Insert menu). Then you can either use the insert menu and select Text media or in the lower left hand corner (of 6.0 at least) click on the Media Generator tab and select "Text" and you should have several options to choose from.
      Yes this works, I was inserting the text straight onto of a video in an existing video track and that meant I saw the text and not the video

Comment

2)

A. Fade to Black

In the Top corner of the video file you want to fade out there's a triangle
        move your curser over it and you get "Fade Offset" drag it for the length you want the fade, right click to change the fades "Bend"

B. Fade to White

This one requires creativity and it's not a standard feature of vegas. sooooo, I use Video Effects :) Glow to be more precise, and just turn it all the way up at the end of the video, and it goes whites :)

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
          2)B. Fade to White

This one requires creativity and it's not a standard feature of vegas. sooooo, I use Video Effects :) Glow to be more precise, and just turn it all the way up at the end of the video, and it goes whites :)
          This is the same as fade to black using the fade offest, but drop in a vid track below your original track, and use the "solid color" media generator in that track for the length of time you need to have the screen white (this works for any color.) Basically, just think of the multiple tracks as layers in Photoshop or GIMP.
          sigpic

Comment

The easiest way to fade to white is to go to the Transitions tab, click "Flash" then drag it to the end of your clip. You can then extend how long you would like it to be as well as adjust diffusion. You can also use the Flash transition to fade to any color you choose.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X