Vista compatible Video software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista compatible Video software

So I bought Studio 11 because it specified that it was Vista compatible. I made a fraps video and tried to open in Studio 11 and it just becomes a mess. Sometimes its resolution is really bad, sometimes the view screen doesn't play while sound does, and overall the performance of the software is clunky (clicking between program functions cause a signifcant delay).

Does anyone have another software they are happy using Vista with?

here's my basic specs:
    300 7200RPM Hard Drive
    2 gig Ram
    Intel E6700
    8800 GTX

Re: Vista compatible Video software

I finally got a response from the Studio customer support regarding Studio 11 and FRAPS compatibility. It doesn't have anything to do w/ Vista afterall- it was a codec problem that Studio has with Fraps. No details were given as to how to work around it except to say that I need to compress the file with a different program (virtualdub). That's a pain in the arse since FRAPs video is large and Windows MovieMaker works fine with FRAPs but it doesn't have any of the fancy stuff studio had. I thought I'd try one more time to see if anyone w/ Vista could recommend a good video editing software for FRAPs recordings.

Comment

That sounds like crappy software or customer support not knowing anything. Fraps records in raw avi format. There isn't a special codec with it. It's a basic video format that every editor should support.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've got Pinnacle Studio 10, but i've yet to install it to my Vista machine. I was thinking about upgrading to 11, but if its going to have an adverse affect i may look else where. If you do find a fix please share it, because im familar with and like Pinnacle's software.
        Oyee

Comment

You may want to check out Sony Vegas if you want to spend more money. It definitely works with footage recorded with Fraps. Team Element made a SWAT 4 video using it (on XP though). I'm pretty sure they released a Vista update a long time ago.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            You may want to check out Sony Vegas if you want to spend more money. It definitely works with footage recorded with Fraps. Team Element made a SWAT 4 video using it (on XP though). I'm pretty sure they released a Vista update a long time ago.
            I had Studio 9 running w/ XP and didn't have any problems with Fraps files. I'm dl'in the Sony Vegas free trail to see if it works. Thanks again Sarc.

Black Viper: the video editing works fine with regular home movies, but not w/ FRAPs video.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X