More FRAPS Woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More FRAPS Woes

So I have some video of myself and a couple guys from the 21st holdin' down monorail like animals. When I try to load these videos which are taken right from FRAPS into Windows Movie Maker I get an error.

"C:\Fraps\BF2142 2007-07-21 14-15-27-29.avi could not be imported. Unspecified error"

I encoded the videos (divx) in virtual dub (at least I think) but those files return the same error. Any ideas or a tutorial I can peep?
    |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Re: More FRAPS Woes

Test whether you can import a sub 50Mb mpeg into windows movie maker, if you can't then windows movie maker is corrupt. Download WMM from microsoft.com and try again. If it does then use another program (I don't know what) to render the large fraps file to a smaller mpeg file and then load that into WMM. WMM does not handle large file too well.

Comment

Silver, I was unable to find a fix to my problem but I found the proper setting for encoding using VirtualDub and it seems to work rather well.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post755648

The file is still larger than I would hope. There are a lot of different types of encoding to choose from (MPEG4, Divx, etc.) What is you recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by Rali3gH View Post
        Silver, I was unable to find a fix to my problem but I found the proper setting for encoding using VirtualDub and it seems to work rather well.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post755648

The file is still larger than I would hope. There are a lot of different types of encoding to choose from (MPEG4, Divx, etc.) What is you recommendation?

hmm not sure, avi is the one I would test first
        in a way whatever format works for uploading back into WMM is good for you

Comment

I wanted to let you guys know I got my WMM issue resolved. After much googling I found that in order to re-install WMM you have to completely reinstall SP2 for XP. After this i am able to import files as normal.

Thanks.

Comment

Hay silver, all your videos have your VOIP speach in them. How do you get around FRAPS not picking that audio up?

Every time I make a vid I can hear my squadies talking but not myself.

Comment

this post

Comment

Thanks for your help as always. It's nice to have an old pro around to bounce questions off of.

Cheers.

Comment

Yeah, this always happens to me, but I just don't want to risk the hardlock trying to get back into the game from unmuting the mic. I know there are ways to reduce that risk, but they don't seem to work 100% for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WaffleHousChef View Post
                    Yeah, this always happens to me, but I just don't want to risk the hardlock trying to get back into the game from unmuting the mic. I know there are ways to reduce that risk, but they don't seem to work 100% for me.
                    The best way I find to reduce the risk is
                    1. load game goto options /audio
                    2. alttab & unmutr
                    3. alttab back in
                    4. goto advanced server search
                    5. filter for name tacticalgamer
                    6. refresh and refresh till you are sure there are 2 slots (if I join and get a server full message then my mic is muted again)
                    7. join

this procedure does not crash 90% time for me
                    alttab from inside a map crashes 30-40% time for me

but I do understand if you choose not to risk a crash

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed