Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a video with Movie Maker 101?

Hey.

I have read what seems to be availble on this topic here in the forum, but I just cant wrap my brain around it.

Downloading the BR-file etc so that I have it in my library is not a problem. But then, how do I really go about to record when I move around in the BR-movie? I have read this explanation over and over again:

Playing Back a Demo outside the Client and Recording Your Camera Movements
    This mode lets you record a camera path to go with a demo recording so that they can be played back together. The camera works exactly as described in the instructions above but all movements you make are recorded.

If working from the machine that recorded the demo, drop the demo.cmd into the root of the Battlefield 2 install folder.
    If working from a client that has downloaded a demo from the game’s front end:
    Create a "Demos" folder in the root of the game install folder.
    Move the demos you wish to render from into the demos folder from their normal location in you’re my Documents folder.
    Drop the demo.cmd folder found below into the root of the game install folder.
    Launch the demo recording as follows
    Launch the Command Prompt and browse to the game’s install directory.
    E.g. type "cd c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2" and hit ENTER
    Type "demo.cmd +c " and press enter.
    E.g. "demo.cmd +c mydemo mydemocam" will record a Demos\mydemocam.bf2cam for demo Demos\mydemo.bf2demo
    Before quitting the game, wait for the message 'camera file closed' in the console or the camera file will be broken.
    ...and I just go "what?!". I think that my main problem is that I dont seem able to find the BR-files in the library in any other way than trough the game. If I try to find it going trough "My computer/programs..." and so on, I cant find it in any BF-related file. Am I doing it wrong?

So, there is basically two main question that I have that I would really appriciate if someone could explain veeeery slowly to me. That is of course if someone has the time.

1) In a "Record in BR for dummies-way" explain how I can record. I simply cant make it out from what I´ve read, but I am not that tech-savy...

2) How I "export" such recorded files into Movie Maker. I would assume that I such go trough Movie Maker and import it from where it is located, but is it that simple? I have tried to do that with some uneditted BR-files, but I only get the answer the Movie Maker does not support such files.

Many thanks in advance!
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Making a video with Movie Maker 101?

You need a "How To Record Game Videos 101" tutorial, not how to record Battle Recordings.

There's a thread already about Battle Recorder if you're not sure how to use it.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...edirector.html

It sounds like you need some video capture software such as Fraps or GameCam or whatever. Fraps is most popular but it costs money to record clips longer than 30 seconds (although, GameCam isn't free either).

It's pretty simple to use. Run BF2 and open up the Battle Recording. You can't open up a Battle Recording in Movie Maker. Record using video capture software.

These programs will record video as raw avi (basically a file made up of a bunch of screenshots and sound interlaced), which means it's a really huge file. You can import this into Movie Maker. I don't use Movie Maker myself but you may get some tips here or find some old threads talking about it.

There's also BattleDirector but that's for creating camera movements in preparation for recording the video. I'm not sure if it has the capability to output an editable video file. It's much easier to record using Fraps.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

So, if I use Fraps, I load up the BR-file and move around [after have started up Fraps first and set it to record] and then I simply just move around as usuall in the BF-movie with the camera, correct?

I have the "free" Fraps version with the 30 seconds clip, but that would mean that I can record for 30 seconds, Fraps stops, and then I start it up again to record an other clip?

So in short, and in an attempt to make this idiot-safe:
      1) Load BF
      2) Load the BR-file I want to record
      3) Start up Fraps [or any other video capturing software]
      4) Record what I wish to record
      5) Export the clips from Fraps to Movie Maker
      6) Edit the movie etc

Is that about right?

And also, thank you very much for the help! :) Things make some more sence now, especially since I have been trying to export the BR-file into Movie Maker - which it was not to keen on.
      sigpic
      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Pretty much!

Although to clarify, Fraps records in a standard raw avi format. There's no need to export the clips from Fraps. You just import the clips to the video editing software (ie. Movie Maker).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Awesome! I will give it a try this evening.

Thank you so much for the help!
          sigpic
          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
            Awesome! I will give it a try this evening.

Thank you so much for the help!
            how did it go?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...