No announcement yet.

Quick, before I start breaking stuff...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, before I start breaking stuff...

Hey.

I am not really used with being provided with a BR-link [as trough a mail or something like that]. I always get my BR-files trough the "Community-page" in the game, and no problems there.

But now could I not find the file I wanted at Community, so a kind person sent it to me as a link from where I could download it [external]. But w h e r e should I place it among the various Battlefield-folders? I have looked in these forums, and cant find anything that suits, so to speak. The closest thing I have found is regarding BF2142, but it appears to be a bit different.

And since I cant even find already excisting BR-files [which I have downloaded from the Community-page] within any of the folders, I am kind of lost...

So if someone could just say what I need to do. If I need to create a new folder, and if that case - where. Or do I just have to download the BR-file to a certain folder? In that case, which?

Please help! :)
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Quick, before I start breaking stuff...

Is this for 2142 BR files? If that's the case we just recently fixed them, they should be working now. If it's for another game, I have no idea!

Comment

It was for PR. But no worries, DB helped me with it. I was an idiot and went trough C:/Programs/Battlefied/Profiles in order to try to find the right folder, when I was supposted to go trought My Documents/Battlefield/Profiles...etc.

Worked like a charm, and along with Fraps so could I be on to something now. =)
      sigpic
      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Ok...that worked fine. For real. :)

Now on to an other question. I have editted the various clips I have filmed and put them all together into a movie. No problems there.

But when I try to "Save Movie file", I get to chose from some options regarding performance and where to save it.

But when I click "Ok/Save" I get a message that the movie I am trying to save is missing some "source-files" and that I have to find them again and put them back, of sort. But the message also say that the location that I am trying to save the movie at does not excist, or that I lack space on my hard drive. The two later alternatives, I dont believe is the problem.

What do I have to do in order to save the "completed" movie? I am working with WMM. Do I have to copy the entire movie, open up a new "project" and paste it there in order to get a "fresh" start etc, and then save it? Since I have been editting the movie and the clip in the same timeline all the time, could that be the problem?

Any help in this matter would be much appriciated. =)
        sigpic
        The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Help...Anyone?
          sigpic
          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Are there big red "X's" somewhere in your timeline? If so, I think you accidentally deleted some clips and/or movie files. You can do a couple things here.

1. Start fresh and edit all those clips over again.
            2. Find those movie files...garbage or different folder and restore them.
            3. Copy and past all the clips into a new movie file.

I used to make this mistake sometimes. Do not delete ANYTHING until you have saved your movie file.
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Are there big red "X's" somewhere in your timeline?
              No, no X's of any kind in the timeline.

If so, I think you accidentally deleted some clips and/or movie files. You can do a couple things here.
              But when one edit the movie / clips [and move the bar where you want to cut the clip] does not that delete those clips?

1. Start fresh and edit all those clips over again.
              True, it is an alternative. But if I do that, do I have to edit clip per clip? As I did this time, I brought all of the clips down to the timeline, and did then start to cut and edit. Could that have been the problem?

Am I supposed to edit one clip -> Save it -> Edit a new clip and so on...And then when I am done, bring all of those clips together at the timeline?

2. Find those movie files...garbage or different folder and restore them.
              So if I manage to find them, I just have to go about it the same way as when restoring other files that have ended up in the garbage? Or do I also have to bring them back into WMM and find the "old" and previous location there again?

3. Copy and past all the clips into a new movie file.
              I tried this, of sort. "Edit" --> "Copy All" --> Open a new project --> "Paste". I did encounter the same problem still though. :/ Or do I have to copy & paste clip by clip?

I used to make this mistake sometimes. Do not delete ANYTHING until you have saved your movie file.
              Hmm...All these questions makes me wonder if I really should be making movies, haha. But still, how do I avoid not deleting anything while cutting and editting? Or do you mean that I should bring the clips down in the timeline; Save; then start to cut and edit? I wonder if I did not make the mistake of bringing the clips down to the timeline and started to editit the various clip without saving first.

Well, perhaps it is just as good to start over again since the "completed movie" I have now is 19 minutes long, which would have forced me to make two parts.
              sigpic
              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...