Movie maker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie maker

I used wegame to get some footage, if I can sort out my sound problems I'd like to start making a couple of movie/AARs. When I tried to do something with the clip I have I can import it fine into Movie Maker and it's in the top part 9btw it's a .avi file), I can play the file. When I move it into the timeline all I have left is a line of video and sound (only my voice). When I save it even lose the line. Also if I can get the sound to work is there a way to separate the footage and voip? Could I mute the sound from the footage? Also how does the text overlay system work.

I have a lot to learn it seems.

Re: Movie maker

I dont get it. Is this what you mean:
    You move the clip to the timeline and you get the video line and the sound line, but the sound line only has you voice. When you save the project file, you lose audio line?

Have you tried to play the .avi file? If that only has your voice then you have same probelm that Im having, that the video recorder thing only records the audio-line from your mic and not the audio line of the game and your mic. Im trying to find solution for that myself too. On my topic of this problem, guy replied and said that there's topic about the problem in Project reality forums (www.realitymod.com if I recall right)

I havent used Movie maker too much for I dont like it. Too many clips and it crashes constantly, also the texts choices are kinda simple and you dont have too much options about the texts position etc.
    My Movie Maker version is on finnish so my "translation" might vary. I'll add my translated version inside ()'s.
    To mute the sound of your clip I'd do this:
    Add your video clip in the project line thingy. Then from the toolbar click 5th one (Translation= clip) and select the 2nd one (Sound) and then click the first one (mute)
    Then I'd Ctrl+P and save the file. After that I should have video file without no sound, so I'd open up a new project and add that to the project line of the Movie maker and perhaps add some texts and music to it.
    To add text press 4th option from the toolbar (Tools) and click the 2nd from the list (Beginning- and Endtexts) from there you can choose where to put the text (you can move it's location afterwards) and edit it's backround colour text font, size, colour and animation. That's pretty much all options you have.

Movie Maker is pretty simple editor. I think you should get the hang of it. ;)
    After you get bored of it crashing all the time, I'd suggest you get bit more "professional" editor.
    I use Sony Vegas 7.0 for editor atm. It's pretty complicated editor, for Im more used to use Pinnacle (dont remember version) which is mostly used for homevideos, thus simple editor for "older people" ;) Video transitions of Pinnacle are bit childish imo so I turned to use Vegas.

BTW, if you are going to add music to your video file, do that last, because the Moviemaker tends to crash when editing the clips while having music file added. ;) Atleast on my copy.

EDIT: Oh and BTW, you add audio files just as you add video files, just drag the file to audio track of the project.

Comment

On a similar line. Ive just purchased a Video camera and am looking to edit footage. Any input on what program to use for a first time, amature, home movie maker.

Its a hard-drive Sony so it all goes onto the PC anyway (before burning)

Sarcoma
      Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
        On a similar line. Ive just purchased a Video camera and am looking to edit footage. Any input on what program to use for a first time, amature, home movie maker.

Its a hard-drive Sony so it all goes onto the PC anyway (before burning)

Sarcoma
        I'd recommend Pinnacle for you then. It's sometimes pain in the butt, but you can make quality home videos with it. To the ease of use I can only say that even my dad can edit with it :icon_eek:

Some special versions include some inputs to make VHS and take footage from cassets. But who uses them anymore ;)

Comment

Ive just started using Windows Movies and so far the editing process seems pretty simple but there is a huge problem that ive run into. When i finish editing the short clips and drag them to the storyboard bar, i lose the video and only hear sound when i try to play back what ive cut together so far. I then tried saving the entire video that id cut together and when i went to play it back it also had no video. There is no problems with the video while im cutting it in the main area, just when i drag it onto the storyboard. Any thoughts? im pretty sure its not a codec problem b/c i have all the codecs ever invented by man

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X