VideoSpin - Video editing tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoSpin - Video editing tool

I found an article about VideoSpin last week. I have not used this tool but thought some might find it useful.

Originally posted by downloadsquad.com
    Windows Movie Maker is probably the most widely used free video editor for Windows. And there's a good reason for that. It comes free with Windows XP and Vista. But Windows Movie Maker might not always be the best tool for the job. VideoSpin is a free video editing application that has all the features of Windows Movie Maker and a few more for good measure.

Overall, the two applications have a similar look and feel. Both are designed for use by people who don't have a degree in video editing. You simply locate your video and audio files, arrange them on a timeline, and start snipping or rearranging. You can add a variety of transitions or sound effects to your movie. And unlike Windows Movie Maker, VideoSpin sports a pretty decent title editor. There's also an option to upload your finished videos directly to YouTube or Yahoo! Video.
    The program is almost too user friendly in some places. For example, VideoSpin assumes your files are in your My Videos folder, which is fair. But while you can easily change directories, there's no simple way to navigate to a separate hard drive or partition. Fortunately, you can drag and drop audio and video files into VideoSpin from Windows Explorer, no matter what drive their on.

VideoSpin is basically a slimmed down version of the commercial Pinnacle Studio, which normally sells for $50. As such, there's no official support for VideoSpin, and you have to put up with some in-program advertising. And while you can save files in a variety of formats, you'll receive a notice the first time you run VideoSpin letting you know that your MPEG-2/4 codecs will expire if you don't purchase a $15 codec pack within 15 days. But you can try to use other codecs installed on your computer with VideoSpin.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: VideoSpin - Video editing tool

Sounds like a good find. This will come in handy since my WMM isn't working right. Thanks. :D
    |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't edit my post above this. I just downloaded VideoSpin and I must say that this program is nothing like I expected. In my opinion the cons way out the pros by a lot. It is very hard to navigate to different videos and audio files since it just assumes that they are in a specific folder like asch said. It is also hard to put an audio file in the exact right place with the video. I was trying to add music to a song from a game called StepMania (a DDR style game for PC with your fingers) and make the song go at the right time as the arrows. I could not get it because the video file was not being played right or it was laggy in the VideoSpin player. I just couldn't do it. This is only in my opinion because I believe if you were to just record something from in a game, put it in VideoSpin, and add some music to it, then this program might be useful.
      |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

Originally posted by Holy View Post
        Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't edit my post above this. I just downloaded VideoSpin and I must say that this program is nothing like I expected. In my opinion the cons way out the pros by a lot. It is very hard to navigate to different videos and audio files since it just assumes that they are in a specific folder like asch said. It is also hard to put an audio file in the exact right place with the video. I was trying to add music to a song from a game called StepMania (a DDR style game for PC with your fingers) and make the song go at the right time as the arrows. I could not get it because the video file was not being played right or it was laggy in the VideoSpin player. I just couldn't do it. This is only in my opinion because I believe if you were to just record something from in a game, put it in VideoSpin, and add some music to it, then this program might be useful.
        Typical problem with many low end editors since they dont use high end video libraries

Try my software and I bet it works as easily as theirs - without the bugs :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X