Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vimeo to disallow & delete all gaming movies (in effect 1st Sept 08)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vimeo to disallow & delete all gaming movies (in effect 1st Sept 08)

http://www.vimeo.com/blog:140

shame, as vimeo was the highest quality streaming

Originally posted by vimeo
    The Vimeo staff has decided that we are no longer going to allow gaming videos on Vimeo ...... Videos falling into this category will be subject to deletion as of September 1st; new videos of this type will be removed.
    EDIT
    Thats gaming movies that are to be deleted, eg fraps movies, Machinima films are allowed and will be hosted

gaming movies = deleted
    Machinima films = vimeo will host ok

Re: Vimeo to disallow & delete all gaming movies (in effect 1st Sept 08)

Any reason why? I dont see the point.

Comment

That really sucks.

Not only are they the highest quality, their stuff imbeds so well into other pages.

EDIT:
      Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
      http://www.vimeo.com/blog:140
      EDIT
      Thats gaming movies that are to be deleted, eg fraps movies, Machinima films are allowed and will be hosted

gaming movies = deleted
      Machinima films = vimeo will host ok
      Sounds a bit like splitting hairs if you ask me.

Gaming videos were probably eating up disk space by leaps and bounds. Still sucks.

Comment

That is just to bad, think about all the people who have uploaded videos there.
        Look under your chair!

Comment

At least all those people still have the opportunity to get their videos back in ample time before deletion.

As I posted on their site, what do you expect for free? Until you pay for a service, you don't really have any tangible rights over the policies and expectations of that service.

I'd be more than willing to pay for a service as good as vimeo. I really liked the video services. Look at TG. I like its services so much I pay to make sure I have use of them.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            At least all those people still have the opportunity to get their videos back in ample time before deletion.

As I posted on their site, what do you expect for free? Until you pay for a service, you don't really have any tangible rights over the policies and expectations of that service.

I'd be more than willing to pay for a service as good as vimeo. I really liked the video services. Look at TG. I like its services so much I pay to make sure I have use of them.
            Yea, but even though you pay, you still have no tangible right over the policies and stuff here at TG. You can always stop paying, but that doesn't really do much. The only way to have that sort of input is start something yourself or became a major contributor.

Comment

I actually just posted about this in the ARMA fourm. Didn't know it was posted here till WhiskeySix let me know.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...oo-pissed.html

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

As long as machinima films are still allowed then I'm happy. Vimeo will soon be starting a premium service and it's possible that if you have it then you can put your gameplay vids up again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X