Conversion/Codec Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion/Codec Question

Seeing as we have some quite experienced video guys here, I figured this is a good place to ask. I've got a flash video that I need to export to video for use in a vegas production. I can do it through Flash CS3, but as an avi file, the only codecs I have available are the xfire codec and the windows 1 codec. The Windows 1 codec gives me great clarity if I go 0 compression, but the file is huge (135 mb for 5 seconds).

Basically, I'm trying to make this as high definition as possible without a humongous file size. Any ideas?

Re: Conversion/Codec Question

Im not sure if this is an option - but you may have to get it out of flash before you compress.

Whenever you edit you always save in lossless format all the way until you create your end product - then - you compress based on your requirements.

Working with compressed video will degrade your production rapidly

If you can, export with 0 and use the Huge file for editing - then compress once at the end.

Comment

Here is a tutorial on using virtualDub to convert files:
      http://www.indezine.com/products/video/virtualdub.html.

It is a free program and very useful.

If you need extra codecs you can download the k-lite codec pack from here:
      http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MarthaHyer View Post
        Im not sure if this is an option - but you may have to get it out of flash before you compress.

Whenever you edit you always save in lossless format all the way until you create your end product - then - you compress based on your requirements.

Working with compressed video will degrade your production rapidly

If you can, export with 0 and use the Huge file for editing - then compress once at the end.
        :icon14:

I have a spare 500GB SATA3 drive just for video capture/editing. Makes the whole process run a lot smoother.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X