FPS issues with Fraps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS issues with Fraps

I have installed the latest version 2.9.8. I run Windows XP with a Nividia GeForce FX 5900 graphics card with Pentium 4 2.40 GHz, 1.5gb ram. I am trying to capture video screen and my FPS drops to 3 which makes the images very choppy and laggy. This is for World of Warcraft and I have tried adjusting trying various interface settings within the game to try and troubleshoot as well as using half-size and different fps settings in Fraps. Can anyone offer some suggestions on what I can do to improve the FPS?

Re: FPS issues with Fraps

Originally posted by hepcat2009 View Post
    I have installed the latest version 2.9.8. I run Windows XP with a Nividia GeForce FX 5900 graphics card with Pentium 4 2.40 GHz, 1.5gb ram. I am trying to capture video screen and my FPS drops to 3 which makes the images very choppy and laggy. This is for World of Warcraft and I have tried adjusting trying various interface settings within the game to try and troubleshoot as well as using half-size and different fps settings in Fraps. Can anyone offer some suggestions on what I can do to improve the FPS?
    a few things to be aware of
    1) fraps reduces the FPS to the recording level, so if you are putting that you want it recording at 3 fps then the game experience is 3 fps
    2) try recording at half screen size, if you are recording at full screen and have a high res then your hard drive may not be able to write the info fast enough
    3) reduce AA to off etc and generally lower graphics by 40% then try again
    4) try a different recorder like wegame to see if there is a difference (wegame is free)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X