Intro to Sony Vegas - Tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro to Sony Vegas - Tutorial

I forgot to post this the other day. It's a tutorial in case you just got Sony Vegas and need some help figuring out where everything is. This is extremely basic, don't expect any fancy editing.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZBAC_ue3k[/media]

Re: Intro to Sony Vegas - Tutorial

Is Vegas worth getting? Are you using features that don't exist in other editors?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
      Is Vegas worth getting? Are you using features that don't exist in other editors?
      I don't really know how the features stack up to things such as Premiere or Final Cut. Vegas has lots of features and you can do plenty with it. Windows Movie Maker or Apple I-Movie aren't even in the same league as Vegas. A lot of it is up to imagination as you have to figure out a way to get the results you're looking for and more often than not you can find a way to do it. It's a lot easier to learn than After Effects or Premiere.

Comment

i think vegas is what my lecturers like to call "top end consumer" video editing software, and if im correct its Editing and post production in 1 package, Its a great peice of software and as you can see kevlar has used it to great effect to create those TG intro titles. The difference from the adobe package, in the the eyes of my lectures, is that the adobe package is a "low budget professional" package and its also 2 peices of software rather than just the one.
        Anyway asch there are a number of places to get great deals on both of these powerfull video editing softwares.

The thing you should probably think about is how often are you likely to use it?

i have adobe because thats what my university use and i use it quite alot.

Comment

Yea, saying Vegas is a high-end consumer product is a pretty apt description actually.
          It's sort of like how my Canon HG10 is significantly better than a Flip Camera but doesn't really compare to a Canon XL2.
          Like I said though, it's all about your imagination. There are many effects you can modify and if you modify enough you can create an entirely different effect. For example, Serpento99 (*cough* shameless plug for tpimovies.com which is getting back together \o/ ) used Sony Vegas for his Pwned! movies, Gunsounds series (although he used FLStudio for the sound creation), and others and he has millions of views on that stuff and 35,000 subscribers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X