Short Movie Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Movie Idea

I posted the below in the Project Reality forum, but after seeing this sub forum I thought that it could be worthwhile posting in here, and also since I do not have any formal movie making experience I could get some advice/volunteers, especially with adding music/theme from an already existing video and incorporate it into the video I wish to make.

Below:

Even though its an old video, I was thinking that if anyone is interested in making a humorous PR video we could make one to the theme of this Andy Samberg SNL Short:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvkEHQPHHg[/media]

If anyone is interested, and maybe as a bonus we could throw down the beginning of : "Fresh Prince of West Fallujah." Please post here or please PM me (Preferred option, as to not bog down the forums).

A few themes on what the video would be based that come to mind:
    Soldier about to incendiary crates - gets knifed

Soldier/Pilot about to get into a helo - gets arrested/knifed

Insurgent about to throw a molotov - gets arrested

Soldier about to shoot an enemy down the road - gets knifed/bayoneted.

Soldier/Insurgent who just gets a kit - knifed, arrested, bayoneted.

Soldier/insurgent who just gets revived - knifed, arrested, bayoneted.

Etc, and all would have to be done in sync with the song.

Some Caveats:

I do not have any movie making software, nor do I know how to create a movie.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Short Movie Idea

The music for that video was apparently created by SNL privately. Adding it to your own video would be as simple as recording the audio as long as you still want the laughtrack there. However, being that SNL is owned by Viacom I'd give the video about two days before Youtube removed the audio or deleted the video entirely.

Comment

what would happen if i purchased the song/video from Itunes? I know that i probably doesn't give me licensing availability....but maybe it would extend the deletion/removal to a week? Ha..
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        what would happen if i purchased the song/video from Itunes? I know that i probably doesn't give me licensing availability....but maybe it would extend the deletion/removal to a week? Ha..
        nah, these days they check the music while it's being uploaded. they have no way to tell whether you bought the music or not. I just uploaded a video with "Time to Pretend" by MGMT and they flagged it before it was even done processing. You can use music by Sony generally and they'll just add ads to your vid. or you can do what Robot Chicken does and find some music that is meant to be similar but not quite the same as the original widely-recognized music

Comment

From what I've seen videos with background sound (explosions particularly..) seem to avoid the issue. :D

Anyway, if you actually filmed a bunch of people getting punched in PR, I could edit the video together..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X