Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Xfire Try a Failure

Hmm,

I must be doing something wrong. Xfire created a series of .avi files (which I could view on my computer), but Corel Video Studio 10 did not like them, and when I uploaded a single, unedited .avi file directly from xfire to YouTube, YouTube also "failed to convert file".

I tried converting the .avi files to .mov but this did not solve the problem.

I do not see how to change xfire so that it would create a .mov (or other format).

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Oh, and xfire would not function at all in BC2.
    sigpic

Re: 1st Xfire Try a Failure

As to the BC2 problem, this may help me:

"Select Bfbc2 and make sure the "In-game renderer" is set to D3D 10.(Thats if you use Vista or Win7)"
    sigpic

Comment

I think the problem I am having with .avi may be related to codecs. Trying different fixes now...

Bought Fraps, same issue with .avi, so must/may be codec related.
      sigpic

Comment

Update:

I am at a bit of a loss. Neither the Xfire nor the Fraps (purchsed version) videos would play (slightly different problems, but for the most part -- black screens).

I have a fresh install of Vista 64.

I tried the K-Lite Codec pack to no avail.

I ran the G-Spot Codec detector, which tells me I am missing the XFR1 codec, but that is the codec installed with both Fraps and Xfire, and does not appear to be a separate 'package'.

I ran a Fraps video file through the VirtualDub program, which DID render a .avi file I could see and hear, but the file increased in size by 500% (or more) to 5 Gb. Not good.

The problem video files run black on ALL my media players, including VLC, which returns the error:

"No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "XFR1". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."

Another morning shot to hell with software . . .

Any suggestions?

As yet, the Net forums have not proven helpful. I see about any updates to my Saphire GPU this afternoon.

Sigh.
        sigpic

Comment

hhhmm not sure

in the past I have had small problems with k-lite

when I did a fresh reinstall I just put on windows media player 11 and VLC (both free) and fraps and xfire
          I can play DVDs and CDs
          I can record fraps files
          I can watch uncompressed fraps files I can import fraps into sony vegas and edit and render

so I suggest uninstalling k-lite and anything else then putting on windows media player 11 and VLC

hope that helps

ps
          I am running xp

Comment

Thanks Silver,

I am already running WMPlayer ver 12 (Vista).

The issues occured BEFORE installing K-Lite, so I do not think that is related.

(HeY, just saw your sig quote :-)

I'll keep digging in to the problem.
            sigpic

Comment

ok one step at time
              if you record with fraps and then quit game, goto uncompressed fraps file and play in windows media player 12, you see what ? and if you play in VLC, you see what ?

ie split it down to one step at time
              if it plays in uncompressed mode, then it could be the next step, ie the video editor

good luck and stay hairless ;)

Comment

The issue is resolved. All is ok AFTER I installed K-lite codecs, some DirectX package from Microsoft, and rebooted. Unfortunately, I cannot say which lead to the fix -- the new codecs or the directX (probably the later).

Anyway,

Much thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Alls well that ends well !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement