Fraps Loop Recording

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps Loop Recording

"Fraps 3.2 brings a new feature for registered users - loop recording, constantly capture the previous 30 seconds of video.

To start the buffering press and hold the video capture hotkey for a second. The Fraps counter will turn pink to show that video is being cached. When you want to save the action simply tap the capture hotkey and the recording will continue as normal (including the previous 30 seconds of footage)."

I think on this feature alone I'll buy Fraps.

Playing BC2 last night, a Humvee was racing downhill toward me. I discarded a heavy machine gun at it. At the last moments before running me over the Humvee burst into flames, flipped over three times (bodies flying everywhere), flew over my head, and landed a few meters behind me.

With loop recording I would have had that moment on video. Epic indeed.

Hopefully, Fraps works well with BC2.
    sigpic

Re: Fraps Loop Recording

I have tested this feature and it works fine, enables you to capture that awesome moment that just happened (without the voip though, but bc2 has no voip)

Comment

I need to run some more tests, but this feature appears to immediately reduce my 60fps framerate to 30 fps -- a bit too clunky for CBQ (yes, I am recording to a different drive). I wonder is overclocking would make a difference or is this is a write to HD bottle neck (both drives are 7200).

I have yet to get a handle on how the loop feature executes. opps -- more later ...
      sigpic

Comment

My experience of fraps is that when it records and writes to disk it reduces the gaming FPS down to the recording FPS
        So I record at 44 FPS, or at least i try to. In practice this means that when recording 5 mins of footage, my FPS is 40-44 40% time 35-40 50% time and 30-35 10%. This is the best way i have been able to balance recording and gaming on the power of my rig, this squeezes every little drop of umph from my system per second

there is a "lock framerate" option under movies tab, my understanding is that this means that fraps should not reduce gaming FPS down to recording FPS anymore, it doesnt work for me though, and doesnt seem to do anything at all

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X