Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps Video Uploads: Two Test Files from BFBC2

Here are two examples of FRAPS.

The first one turned out quite well, and is available in "HD". This was a rendered by Corel Video Studio 10 using its built-in direct to YouTube upload feature. The results are quite good, consider ing the initial file was 1.65 GB.

This following second example used Video Studio's MPEG Optimizer, and the results are quite poor.

Thanks again, ExplodingSilver, for the help.
    sigpic

Re: Fraps Video Uploads: Two Test Files from BFBC2

1st one is very nice quality and 2nd one is ok

The pattern on youtube is that if you can hit the HD mark (upload at 1280*720 res or higher) then when people view at 360 or 480, it still appears sharper at the lower viewing rate as well. HD attracts viewers, for example, i dont have fast internet, but i prefer HD videos and then watch them at 360, because I know it will appear sharper at that rate and still load for me slightly faster than i am watching it

So on Corel Video Studio 10, do you enter your youtube details into the editing software and it renders and uploads to youtube all at once ?

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
      So on Corel Video Studio 10, do you enter your youtube details into the editing software and it renders and uploads to youtube all at once ?
      Yes -- it is pretty sweet. Uploading a 4 minute video from PR right now.

I changed the FRAPS setting to record at 60 fps, but that did not seems to change the resulting file size (1gig per minute). In PR my fps was 100, 60 when fraps was on, so no noticable difference. Will try these settings in BfBC2 later.

I think an interesting project would be to do a machina "documentary" -- get a squad of guys as the subject, interview them in game via video and make a documentary of the squad based upon the results. An embedded videographer. Just filming the action is a bit of a bore -- no story.

So I'll see if a IHS squad would like to be the subject of a documentary. Would require a bit of discipline and patience on the squad's part.
      sigpic

Comment

Good luck with the idea.

I always tried to try creative new approaches, it made my video hobbie stimulating. So I can appreciate how you are looking for the creative angle

You PR video seems to be aspect 4:3 and not widescreen, this is probably because you play at 4:3, fraps records that at 4:3 and then the video editor churns it out at, guess what, 4:3

Is there a way to play PR in widescreen, then fraps would record widescreen, editor render widescreen and youtube plays widescreen
        Playing in widescreen is the key
        Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 08-28-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

New test video here. This is a series of files about 6 gigs in size (total), rendered for YouTube by Corel Video Studio 10. You can see some pixalization, but otherwise the image is fine, given that it is PR.

I set FRAPS to record at 60 fps. The game was playing at 100 fps, and was reduced to 60 fps while playing, with no noticable in-game effect.

My new rig rendered the video within approx 5 minutes :-)

Further comments on the video found in the PR AAR threads.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X