This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite: Dangerous Beta News and Newsletters

Howdy! Since I do not know how to move threads(if I even have the permissions to do so), I am starting a new Beta news thread! And guess what? News newletter!...I mean new newsletter!

Newsletter #40 has arrived!

This one is a little more interesting:
    1. By the time the game is released you will be able to have multiple crafts!
    2. Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition Pre-order Digital Bonus ====> You start the game owning an extra Eagle fighter craft(on top of everything else you may have ordered) and a whole buncha other fun stuff! What's more, if you have already backed the game...YOU'VE ALREADY THIS!
    3. It's Elite's 30th anniversary so they "are planning 10 days of surprises, announcements and competitions..."

================================================== ======================

Another piece of interesting news released by PC Gamer. Apparently, E:D raised about $2.6 million through Kickstarter....out of the $13,003,120[source] that it will cost to make this game. Apparently the money they raised, though, was just to reduce the risk or something like that. They have all the money they need but it is kind of weird to think that the TOTAL amount they need is still just a fraction of what SC has already raised! C'mon gamers, share the love! lol!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta News and Newsletters

Guess what? Newsletter #41!

And this one has big news! Beta 2 is coming September 30th! I will try to stream the release, but because that is a Tuesday, it might have to wait a bit.
    And with it comes:
    1. Galnet has its own website now.
    2. Elite Ranking!
    3. Reputation systems! Gain a good or bad rep with any of the three major powers!
    4. Asp Explorer
    5. 100 light year expansion of visitable systems!
    6. Explore a new system and you can sell any new data you have to one of the major powers!
    7. You can now purchase upgrades for your subsystems like, "Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks."
    8. New plasma accelerators, dumbfire missiles, mine launchers, cargo hatch disrupter etc.
    9. Two new stations, the small exposed outposts and the Occelus stations!
    10. Single player scenarios reworked to be better tutorials
    11. A sneak peak at the Imperial Courier interior! It looks awesome and I want one!

And because of the 30th anniversary of Elite, they are releasing the original Elite game in their store! I think it is free to everyone.
    Last edited by ScratchnSniff0; 09-19-2014, 10:25 PM. Reason: Fixing a url

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #42! This one is not as interesting as the last one, but...

It's does have a bunch of screenies from Beta 2 and a video snippet!

And in the GalNet news, I guess it finally happened between Eranin and the Federation:

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #43! In this one they explain some of the updates(there is a page and a half of changes on the Beta discussion forum btw). And then they go on to announce beta 3, which will be released October 28th!

PC Gamer has also released info on beta 2.

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #44!

Alright so Beta 3 on October 28 will allow you to have multiple ships spread across multiple stations!
          And they recently released Beta 2.05 responding to the long loading time complaints.

I was kinda excited for the Imperial ship peek of the week. The Imperial Courier has been my favorite ship ever since I played Frontier: Elite 2. See: This really cool remake of that vid! Anywho, it'll be nice to fly that ship again!

That's it for this one, not much to report.

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #45!

In this weeks issue:
            1. There is an interesting peek of the week. They show the fuel scoop in use! If that means what it meant in Frontier: Elite 2, you can suck up fuel from stars and gas giants! Which pretty much means unlimited range! Of course you are still limited by distance that the drive can make in one shot, but now you don't have to worry 'bout running outta fuel as long as you can make to the star or planet!
            2. "The Elite: Dangerous Premiere Event 22.11.14" -> Release date?
            3. Mining will be in Beta 3!
            4. They are selling discounted HOTAS's in their store! Unfortunately only Europeans can buy them right now...dammit! lol!
            5. But you can win some if you live anywhere in the world! Just read below the Saitek picture
            6. They are putting together all of the rewards, and if you had where you could name something, you need to put everything down right damn now and go submit! No put that coffee down, GO! You only have until the 24th to do so!
            7. Do those forums make your eyes strain, bleed, randomly explode? Never fear! They are changing the look up!
            8. This is a really cool time lapse video from a player! You just have to see it, it's actually kinda pretty!
            9. There is something called a we own the night event, but the link it has shows it is already completed. Might have to wait on that for a bit, maybe they jumped the gun or something.
            10. Michael Brooks is release a fiction of his own.

[support]

Comment

Annnndddd...Newsletter #46 Everyone! Sorry about the very, very, very, very late update. Yes I know this was released Friday, but for posterities sake and for those who still have not received it, I am putting it up.

In this newsletter:
              1. BETA 3 TOMORROW!!!!! Which will include
                1. Mining!
                2. Other new features? Not sure what that means.
                3. Originally posted by Newletter #46
                  You’ll be playing Beta 3 in a volume of 868,744 cubic light years, containing 2,406 star systems, including 4,181 stars and 24,918 planets.
                4. Many fixes, optimizations, etc
              2. BIG ONE, IF YOU KICKSTARTED, MAKE SURE YOU UPDATED YOUR ADDRESS TO RECEIVE PHYSICAL REWARDS!
              3. A bunch of people "stealth docking."

There are other interesting tidbits in there, but I think these are the most interesting...along with this screenie:

I will try to twitch this tomorrow. I cannot give a definite time because they never release at a certain time. I will announce it on the streaming now thread tomorrow when I find out.

[support]

Comment

Oh my gosh! I forgot to newsletter 47! Sorry bout that guys, been very busy with my college homework.
                In this one:
                1. They talk about the beta 3 release. Mostly, philanthropy missions, players can now interdict NPC ships, you can see your faction reputations, visual changes and this trailer.
                2. THE BETA IS ENDING NOVEMBER 22ND!!!! If you want in on the beta and a head start after the next reset, then get your ass in the beta now! And you get a special benefit! Check out the newsletter for more.
                3. A premiere event.
                4. New paint jobs (Whoopty damn doo doo)

[support]

Comment

Hey I'm on time this time! Time for a new newsletter folks! If you guessed it's newsletter #48, then you, sir or ma'am, are right! If you guess 49, you are wrong; better luck next time!

In this one:
                  1. TUESDAY THE 16TH OF DECEMBER, ELITE: DANGEROUS IS OFFICIALLY RELEASING!
                  2. YOU HAVE 15 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF BETA! BETA CLOSES NOVEMBER 22ND! After that, if you had bought into beta, you get to play in gamma(pre-release). I don't think they are going to reset stats or your inventory, on release, so that means you get a head start.
                  3. Yes Mac users, you'll get to play the game too...eventually.

Also, this video shows the future of Elite! Might wanna turn down the monitors, it looks bright! (Just kiddin', don't change your monitor.)

[support]

Comment

Good Saturday! Ready for another newsletter? No? Okay, I'll wait....

"da da daaaaa, da da, dah!"....now? Still no? Okay....."do doo doo do"

....oh now your ready? FINALLY! Here is newsletter #49!

In this one:
                    1. YOU NOW HAVE 7 DAYS LEFT TO GET INTO THE BETA!
                    2. If you get in on the beta, you will get a lifetime discount in ship insurance of 25%! (this can add up very quickly, so it would behoove you to preoder). You also get "free access to one of the 5 new ships when it's release!"
                    3. If you get the beta, you get into gamma, which is pretty much just pre-release, probably w/o a reset so you get a heads up on everybody!
                    4. If you have preordered, but don't have the beta, it's like 15 bucks more....for the benefits, that's not bad!
                    5. If you don't get the beta, but you get the pre-order(which you now have 31 days to do), you can get the Mercenary Edition and you get a £4.99 discount.
                    6. There will be a total of 30 ships on release, 5 more than they promised during the Kickstarter!
                    7. Some details on the longer roadmap ahead of release. READ: DLC's. (If you got premium edition way back when, the you get all DLC's with this game free!)
                    8. Beta 3.9 to be released soon!

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #50 is here! Actually it arrived yesterday, but because of being busy with college, I was not able to update the thread.

Here's what we got:
                      1. Beta 3.9 today! Many under the hood changes and fixes. You can now barter goods between players w/o them being considered stolen. Unidentified Sources are more worth checking out. Mission changes. Ship Outfitting and Galaxy Map major overhauls. Open-mic between 6 players. Gain ranks w/Feds or Empire, gain Elite ranks with trade and/or battle.
                      2. Last Beta build till Gamma!
                      3. Dec 16, E: D 1.0 goes live!
                      4. Why offline mode has been dropped(for now at least).

I will try Twitching tonight, as soon as the patch finishes. If I am in the TS channel, and not away, I am probably Twitching it so come join me and ask questions!

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #51!

Ok, this one doesn't have much in the vein of actual new news. Much of it is recapping the launch premier, information about launch and pre-ordering, some affiliate program, and a little blurb about the iOS companion App.

[support]

Comment

Technically the game is in Gamma now, but I might as well keep putting the newsletters in this thread since it is coming out soon.

Speaking of Gamma newsletters...newsletter #51.5 everybody!

Not much to include here, just that:
                          1. The new 1.04 patch with some fixes.
                          2. You can buy gift vouchers now. (Could've used this beforehand!)
                          3. All Early-Accessors and Kickstarters can now visit all 400 billion stars, though you still need permits to visit certain systems.
                          4. Anybody who just pre-ordered the game can play the space-combat demo now

[support]

Comment

Sorry for the last update, I have been very busy with college and home.

Newsletter #52 Does not have very much news to it.

What it does have is:
                            1. We are Gamma 1.05 now.
                            2. Part of the release trailer
                            3. free version of BBC Elite(1984) Mac owners is now available //The PC version was already available
                            4. 12(Now 9 as of this writing) days left to pre-order the game.
                            5. Pre-Ordering gives you the Single Player Combat Demo so you can starting practicing flight skills.
                            6. The story on the Emperor

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #53.

Not very much news:
                              1. One of the surprises in the game was that the Voyager probes are in the game approximately where they should be if the year was 3300.
                              2. There is not going to be a gamma wipe. Don't worry new guys, ppl do not have that much of a head start.
                              3. Adder and Lakon Type 7 added to the game.
                              4. More news on the Emperor thing.

[support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed