Ship progression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship progression

How are people generally advancing up the ship ladder?

My first new ship was an Adder and I just added a Viper. I hot swap between the two to trade, run missions, or hunt. I'm at the point where I could liquidate everything and pick up a Lakon-6. Would that accelerate my trade income by a significant degree or is it better to hold out for an Asp, which I plan to make my primary ship?
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Ship progression

I started out with two Eagles, one from pre-ordering and one from my choice from Kickstarter. I bounty hunt a lot, and after awhile of making money that way, I sold out the Eagle I was piloting and got a Viper. I then sold the Viper for a Cobra Mk. III. I found all three to be good at bounty hunting, but to be different styles of combat. The Eagle is the most maneuverable, the Viper the fastest, and the Cobra Mk. III seems to have more power for shields and such, as well as being a good all-rounder.

I am wondering if I should just keep saving my money for the Imperial Clipper I want to eventually get, buy the next all-rounder ship(Asp), or go into trading. I really don't make a lot of money bounty hunting, but I don't think I could stand doing trade runs alot, but I might have to.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

With trading apps I make a profit of about 1k/ton on every run. So about 20k with the Adder. That could be a single bounty while pirate hunting, or a third of my insurance if things go badly. The Lakon can fit 100+ tons, which sounds very profitable if I already have some good runs set up. Might be quicker than hunting, but I like my Viper.
      sigpic

Comment

Ships: Sidewinder, Cobra and Asp.

I'm currently using the Asp as my main and I switch configs for trading and combat. I will probably reluctantly trade in the Asp to get the Type 7 when I have enough credits. For fighting I will then either get a Viper, upgrade the Cobra or save up for another Asp.

My long term goal is the Python.
        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I bought the Lakon, and the income increase is insane. Found an in-system trade loop that makes about 260k every 10 minutes.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm still 5-6 million away from getting the Type 7 and having some starting money for trading. I'll get there though.
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X