How is your 1.1 experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your 1.1 experience?

How's it going for everybody? Good things, bad things?

I really appreciated the changes to the galaxy map. The route planner is incredibly fast now and the new display tools in the view pane make it much easier to find things quickly. I had about 800Ly left to go to reach a station and was able to plan all of it in one route.

Unfortunately, when I docked and started winding down the expedition, things went badly. Refuel, reload, repair. Then integrity repair (from 57%) cost roughly 97k credits. I opened Universal Cartographics to check my haul. It displayed the stand by animation, then crashed to desktop. When I logged back in successfully, the ship's integrity had returned to 57%, but the 97k credits had been deducted from my account.

That's a not insignificant loss. UC is confirmed broken. Now I have less in the bank than my re-buy cost and I can't sell the hundreds of carto files sitting in my ship. So I can't leave the station until this s--t gets fixed.

11,000 Lightyears. SIX earth-like worlds, Frontier. FIX IT.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: How is your 1.1 experience?

You sound like you need a hug.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah. They have several big breaking issues to address. The major flight model issues (deadly collision errors) were patched today. But the cartography UI bug and a bunch of other things have been pushed to who knows. So there are a lot of explorers just on hiatus until its all fixed. Patch day suuuuuucks. And I have an addictiooooooon.
      sigpic

Comment

Steeler, if you have another space game that you backed/bought, then give it a try. You could always play ArmA, BF4, PS2, or something.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Quit trying to steal our players Siege! Star Citizen has enough of the population drooling! lol!

I really wish I could get back into playing this though, I've wanted to try the changes but I've been so busy with school. But if they are already releasing a patch tonight, and that bug is as bad as you say it is then more than likely they will have a patch for it soon. And I think(don't quote me on this) that if you put a ticket in for it they might give you a refund on your in-game creds. NOT 100% SURE ABOUT THAT, but it's worth a try. What's the worst that could happen? They say no?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
          [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
          [support]

Comment

I'm taking a little break as they sort things out. I'm kinda really waiting for next months 1.2 patch before I really get back into it. There some other games I'm curious about playing. I've even been playing some Tropico 4 for a change of pace. I also downloaded WarThunder but I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I'm not a huge fan of M/K flying... hmmm...
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I did go play PS2 for a while Siege.

So all repair and insurance from the last 2 days was refunded, and the collision bug has been addressed, and carto data is working without crashing. Some bugs remain, and there are clearly some database faults, but the game is playable again. Yay!
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...