Incorrect Manifest Checksum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Manifest Checksum

So I was trying to update the game and I keeping getting an Incorrect Manifest Checksum error. I've been trying to do the troubleshooting that the support ticket system says to do before ticketing it but that didn't help. I've tried other things that people have said on the internet and that didn't help. I'm at wit's end, now I won't get to play Wings for a long while (and probably when everybody is already bored with it) because I've just spent the entire time of my tiny hole in my schedule to try and figure out why my game won't update.

Did anybody suffer this issue before? How did you solve it?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: Incorrect Manifest Checksum

Maybe do a re-install?
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Yeah, I tried that. I've tried all of their steps too. I've put in a support ticket, so we'll see what they say I guess.

[support]

Comment

Hi, got the same problem and just registered here to share my woes. Did all that the support staff told me to do, but nothing worked. Emailed them my DxDiag.txt and client.log (as requested), so hopefully will be sorted soon. Like you, the gaming window in my schedule has passed for another week. Fingers crossed something gets done by the weekend.

Comment

I got this once today. Switched off all my anti-virus stuff and restarted the launcher. Did not happen again.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I am at the point where I gotta email them all my stuff. I turned off the Antivirus, etc from my computer, but I am also trying out something called the Bitdefender Box and I was wondering if that might have something to do with it. I've emailed their support on how to temporarily shut it off cause I don't know how to without messing up my network!

[support]

Comment

I know a little bit about BOX and that definitely sounds like the culprit. In my totally layperson opinion.
              sigpic

Comment

Tried turning anti-virus etc off, but still no joy for me and I don't have one of those boxes.

Comment

I found another troubleshooting guide that suggested updating the MS .Net framework. Just a thought.
                  sigpic

Comment

I actually just tried some feedback I got from the Box people and here is what they said:
                    Originally posted by Bitdefender Customer Support
                    1. First check what IP address your computer has so you can use the same one.

- press the Windows key and R key at the same time to open the Run box;
                    - type cmd and hit Enter to open a Command prompt window;
                    - in the Command Prompt window type ipconfig and hit Enter;
                    - this will display your computer's IP address, subnet mask and gateway;

2. Set a manual IP address.

- right click the Internet connection icon, in the lower right corner of the screen, next to the Time and Date;
                    - select Open Network and Sharing Center;
                    - click Change Adapter Settings, in the upper left side of the window;
                    - right click the active network connection and select Properties;
                    - scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 and double click it;
                    - select Use the following IP address;
                    - for IP Address enter the IP address from the Command Prompt window;
                    - for Subnet mask enter the subnet mask from the Command Prompt window;
                    - for Default gateway enter your router's IP address;
                    - for Preferred DNS server enter your router's IP address;
                    - click OK to save the changes, then OK again to exit the network connection Properties.

Now check if the game still has trouble updating. To revert the network connection changes, go back to it's Properties and select Obtain an IP address automatically instead of Use the following IP address and Obtain DNS server address automatically instead of Preferred DNS server. Let me know how everything went.
                    And it actually worked! Maybe it might help with your situation too [MENTION=124579]scunner[/MENTION], give it a try and let me know how it goes.

[support]

Comment

Interesting, I always run internal static IPs on our computers at home.
                      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

The only thing that I really specify on my machines is the DNS server. Most of the time the router DHCP handles it fine for me, but the DNS will sporadically give me an issue no matter what router/brand it is. If I set it, then it is usually smooth sailing.

[support]

Comment

Well glad you got it working! :)

I'm starting to get the itch to get back into Elite. I had to do a computer rebuild recently and just got VoiceAttack/TrackIR/X52/Elite etc... all back on. I will tweak it all out and hope to play some this weekend.

Comment

I appreciate the advice, but it still isn't working for me. Another email to FD I reckon...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X