Combat logged and I ain't even sorry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat logged and I ain't even sorry

This is a hit on reddit for some reason so I thought I'd post it here.
    Combat logged and I ain't even sorry - Imgur

Background: Combat logging (breaking connection to avoid damage) is a hot issue in PvP right now, particularly with all the new Steam CMDRs flooding in. But a lot of people may not realize that explorers occasionally do it to avoid a fiery death in the hearts of distant suns.

This is a rare binary system of two CN carbon stars, class IIIb giants. The screenshot is taken 100Ls from both. When I jumped in, I was just above the emergency drop radius of the star on the right. So close the geometry started to glitch around me, but I didn't drop out of supercruise. I tried to climb out of the gravity well, but it was pretty clear that I was going to get cooked. So I exited and re logged, because when you log in the server automatically spawns you in normal space at a safe distance from the system center. Took about 15% damage to hull and all systems. No canopy damage thank the void.

This sort of thing can happen to any explorer in any binary system, but the sheer size of the stars here made it almost inevitable.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Combat logged and I ain't even sorry

Just be careful, I don't know if combat logging breaks any rules. We don't want our own Henry "Steeler" Hudson "disappearing!"

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Re: Combat logged and I ain't even sorry

The last official comment I read said that exiting to menu or desktop via the UI is kosher because there is a 15 second delay if you are taking damage. Frowned upon in PvP but totally legit per the devs.

Breaking the connection or force-closing the client is considered an exploit.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...