Diamondback Variants: Scout and Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondback Variants: Scout and Explorer

I'm excited for this. The Scout was too small for my current multi-role needs, but I might trade my Asp for a combat-focused Diamondback Explorer. As a Powerplay / CG runabout, it looks perfect.

Scout:
    2x Medium Hardpoints
    2x Small Hardpoints
    4x Utility Hardpoints

4 Power Plant
    4 Thusters
    4 FSD
    2 Life Support
    3 Power Distributor
    2 Sensors
    4 Fuel Tank (16T)

Internal Compartments 3 3 3 2

Explorer:
    1x Large Hardpoint
    2x Medium Hardpoints
    4x Utility Hardpoints

4 Power Plant
    4 Thusters
    5 FSD
    3 Life Support
    4 Power Distributor
    3 Sensors
    5 Fuel Tank (32T)

Internal Compartments 4 4 3 3 2
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Diamondback Variants: Scout and Explorer

the explorer one sounds cool

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Just got the scout and I love the radar range and the distance I am able to go. Very good upgrade over the Viper.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Hmm they both look rather sexy and nice. How much are these ships?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Scout is around 500,000
          Explorer is around 1.6 Million

In a good night, you can get around 500,000 credits worth of bounty. You just need to have back up and good coverage from the local defense force.

Suggestion of mine would be to get around 1 million to 1.5 million credits to purchase and properly outfit the scout.

Also, after purchasing and upgrading the Scout, I found it crazy to start detecting ships way past 2,000 Light Seconds way while still in hyper space. This really made scanning easy.

It also has one of the best cockpit views that I have ever had the pleasure of flying in Elite.
          [MENTION=5809]Steeler[/MENTION], did you get one of the ships?

Comment

I got the DBE, and as expected it is a decent Powerplay runabout and general mission runner.

Combat wise, it can hold its own against small to medium ships and outrun most bigger NPCs. Thruster control is very precise, but it is less maneuverable than an Asp. The Asp will bring guns to bear much more frequently, even if the DBE has a little more firepower. I would not recommend it for serious bounty hunting work - even if you have the skill and patience to take on bigger craft, it will take longer than a dedicated combat fighter. For popping mission pirates at nav beacons and running small freight around, it's ideal for farming rep.

Right now I use it to run PP cargo and Fed missions, and then swap to a Vulture permanently parked in a decent RES system for income.
            sigpic

Comment

We are trying to get the guys geared up with the Scout. So far, Wave has one too, but Acreo and probably Fiddler will be getting one too. We just need to help get them earn enough money for a new ship and parts to get down to the shipyard.

Comment

I got mine in Wolf 306 last week, which was still running a significant discount on both diamondbacks. They also have almost everything A-rated that a DB can carry. Not sure if its still cheap there.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I got an explorer, too. The explorer is rather heavy feeling, but I've turned it into the search and rescue ship. It is mostly set for exploration and long distance use, but since we have a number of new players, I figure being able to refuel people is a good idea.

Comment

I'm still aiming to get a Diamondback Scout. Doesn't sound like the Explorer is my cup of tea yet.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just got a Scout with the help of Siege showing me where to buy after a fantastic bounty run. Will be using it this week, will report my evalutation
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Nerd just got one, too.

Comment

Went Bounty hunting last night, tearing through Eagles and smaller ships like cake. Made enough money to upgrade my armor.

Overall the feel of the ship is good. I will report more later.
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X