ED & Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED & Windows 10

I've discovered performance in Elite has been adversely influenced by Windows 10.

Windows 10 has created issues where I had to use old drivers for my GPUs and outdated drivers for my wifi card. Performance sucks. In fact, I had to turn on Vsync to get 60 fps and remove stuttering, which is weird since normally vsync makes it worse.

I can still play, but I will be reinstalling 8.1 tomorrow

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: ED & Windows 10

It's actually been kind to me. I've experienced less stuttering and more stability since upgrading. I haven't crashed since upgrading, Win 8.1 I was crashing all the time!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Well, this will not hold me back. I will reinstall windows 8.1 and will attempt the upgrade at some later point. In the mean time, I can join people via a laptop. Hope you don't mind the microphone.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm running Win 10 on my gaming laptop, Elite runs well most of the time. I can average 60-90 fps with my GeForce GTX 770M, altho I have been getting more stuttering in the last week or so. Wasn't sure if it was the latest drivers or lag.

Comment

Well, I am on 8.1 for my tower and 8.1 on laptop which has an 860M and the tower doesn't like 10.

Comment

Do you run an AMD processor in your tower? Ive heard from a couple friends who do and their towers don't like Win 10 either.

Comment

well, I have an AMD cpu.

A friend of mine told me today about talk that indicates that Microsoft changed the way it handles memory management. My board maker has yet to release chipset drivers and such.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X