[SPOILERS] Found a barnacle!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPOILERS] Found a barnacle!

Scratchy has finally (after a week) figured it out.

Due to a (confirmed) bug in the game I can only find these Alien Barnacles during open play. Player groups and solo will not spawn them. For some people it works but for others it doesn't but there are times in solo where it doesn't seem to work either. I think another player has to be there.

Anyway, here is the barnacle I've found during open.

Unfortunately there are griefers running around so I don't want to be there with just any other player. After taking the image I split very quickly before I got attack and could not log out. 6 mil credits would be a lot to lose. Is there anybody out there who is willing to play with Scratchy so he can finally get at least a couple meta-alloys? I just need another player to be in the instance to see if we can get meta-alloys. I promise to share and we can try player groups first.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: [SPOILERS] Found a barnacle!

Alien Barnacles?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I will try to be on this week Scratch. I'm installing horizons now.

Recently (like a couple days ago), my custom water-cooling loop lost pressure, my guess is one of the pumps died and now that impeller is restricting airflow which is jacking my temps up a lot. If a game is too taxing I won't be able to play it. I will test out Elite to see if I can play it without my cpu overheating. (water flow is a dribble, so there is still a little bit of cooling going on, and the graphics cards seem just fine). Next weekend I will be going home to dissemble the water cooling and mounting all the aircoolers back on the components.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

[MENTION=17278]Dimitrius[/MENTION] They are some kind of Alien Structure to which their purpose has yet to be determined.

[MENTION=34399]di1lweed1212[/MENTION] Don't sweat it buddy! If you can't make it any time soon then that is fine. I think they will be around for awhile so I can wait. Don't burn your CPU for it. I think they said it does require a more powerful system than the base game, but it still isn't anything close to what Star Citizen requires. If you can run SC then you most likely should be fine with Horizons.

[support]

Comment

Let me get this straight, you saw that thing somewhere in space and you want to investigate it?!

How are you not making tracks for the other side of the galaxy at this point?! =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

There is actually a backstory coming along all about this alien presence that they are revealing a little bit at a time. It would be cool just to be involved and watch events unfold!

There is also a Community Goal where we can bring Meta-Alloys to a station to receive some kind of reward for doing so. You can only get Meta-Alloys from blowing up part of these AB's.

[support]

Comment

Yay! Scratch finally got it to appear in Solo! I went open and I got scanned almost immediately. I quit the joined solo real quick and voila! There it was! Woo! I only got two meta-alloys; but that's fine. I just wanted to see an Alien Barnacle.

The offer is still open, I'll be happy to try something with you guys if you want to see it.

[support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse