Brand new player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new player

I just purchased Elite dangerous and completed the tutorials. I enter the universe and feel completely overwhelmed. As I understand, tbere is a multiplayer/team aspect to it? Are there any tips you can give to a brand new player? This is all pretty overwhelming.

Re: Brand new player

There are many tips I can give you! When I am in game I am usually in our Teamspeak channel so I would be happy to help you there as that would be easier. If you have any specific questions, you can ask them here as well.

Two important tips that come to mind though are: Watch how much fuel a trip takes between systems (and consequently learn how to fuel scoop) and NEVER leave the station without enough money for at least one rebuy.

Unfortunately I am about 30 jumps out in the Merope system looking for Alien Barnacles so I cannot come help you out personally. However; I have contacted one of our admins to see if sometime this week he can help you. If he can't, then I'll make the journey back A.S.A.P.

Just two quick questions though. Would you like put on our Known Players roster here in the Elite: Dangerous Forums? Also, have you purchased the season Horizons?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

[MENTION=140606]Swatman[/MENTION]

Ok, first things first, if we are to help you, we need to know a few things.

What is your control scheme?

Do you have Horizons?

What is your ingame name?

What type of schedule do you have for gaming?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
        [MENTION=140606]Swatman[/MENTION]

Ok, first things first, if we are to help you, we need to know a few things.

What is your control scheme?

Do you have Horizons?

What is your ingame name?

What type of schedule do you have for gaming?

I use keyboard and mouse.
        I just purchased horizons yes.
        ingame name is Swatman1.
        My schedule is essentially after 3 PM M-F and all different times weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
          There are many tips I can give you! When I am in game I am usually in our Teamspeak channel so I would be happy to help you there as that would be easier. If you have any specific questions, you can ask them here as well.

Two important tips that come to mind though are: Watch how much fuel a trip takes between systems (and consequently learn how to fuel scoop) and NEVER leave the station without enough money for at least one rebuy.

Unfortunately I am about 30 jumps out in the Merope system looking for Alien Barnacles so I cannot come help you out personally. However; I have contacted one of our admins to see if sometime this week he can help you. If he can't, then I'll make the journey back A.S.A.P.

Just two quick questions though. Would you like put on our Known Players roster here in the Elite: Dangerous Forums? Also, have you purchased the season Horizons?
          would love to be put on known player list. ingame name is Swatman1. You don't need to jump back all that way to get me, just some tips to get started. I did the tutorial so I know basic flight. I haven't been in the teamspeak yet while playing elite (only for squad), but I literally just bought the game.

Comment

So, you don't need anybody to show you landing, jumping to another system, combat or anything else. You would be interested in having somebody show you the ropes or rather allow you to get your feet wet?

Personally, I am a controller user and thus I am not the best at keyboard commands. I would have to watch my old video where Scratch and Markhol taught me how to fly.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

So, you don't need anybody to show you landing, jumping to another system, combat or anything else. You would be interested in having somebody show you the ropes or rather allow you to get your feet wet?
              correct I know the basics so far.

Comment

Well, I don't think I have anything booked for this weekend. Just give me a PM or something Saturday during the day and I should be around. Just get Scratch to add you to the private group.

Comment

Well, I don't think I have anything booked for this weekend. Just give me a PM or something Saturday during the day and I should be around. Just get Scratch to add you to the private group.

Private group here or in game?

Comment

He's probably talking about in-game; I can help ya with that. Just send me a friend request in game(Scratchnsniff) and around 8:00 p.m. E.S.T. tonight I can help you with the rest on TS.

[support]

Comment

added you scratch. anyone else i need to add?|

Comment

besiege or maybe it is besiege82... Ask Scratch to look at his friends list

Comment

I am interested in mining and some bounty hunting. I also saw that there are multi crew vehicles now? That sounds amazing (I have star citizen pre ordered as well btw)

Comment

The multi-crew part is not out yet BUT it is coming out this season in Horizons. Most likely it will come after the Materials/Synthesis/Loot upgrade and Commander Customizer update but I am not sure. They are mysterious on their update window so there is no real way to tell when that will come out. I guess they don't want to get peoples hopes up and then fall behind.

[support]

Comment

I'll be around after next weekend as well, I'll provide my name then because I don't remember how I exactly spelled it in Elite XD
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X