New PLayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PLayer

Hi Guys! I am mainly just on the NS servers, but I figured I would give this game another shot. I have been mainly just doing solo play, since I had some bad experiences early on with pvp.

I am still pretty green to msot aspects of the game, but I think that I am doing fairly well with trading. I am at a point where I can do ~200k per round trip (3 hops) on a trade route in a T6 with 96 cargo space. The trouble I am having is the following:
    1) This grind will take a VERY long time before I can upgrade to a new ship. Should I do something else to make credits faster?
    2) I find that I seem to either run into rediculously good pilots or rediculously bad pilots during fights. I am at teh point where I just exit the game if I am in my T6 or try to battle it out if I am in my Cobra. Any good tips for combat or ship load out? My cobra currently has beam lasers as primary weapons and seeker missiles as secondary. (Still grinding for the full ship upgrades, but I can take on most pirates with out too many problems. The combat zones are where I tend to hit a lot of problems.)
    3) Are there team missions in this game that give better loot? I know that you can form wings, but if you do that for missions, is it possible for everybody to get credit for the missions?

CMDR DARTH XAVIOR
    keyboard + mouse plus flight stick
    Combat rank: Harmless (86%)
    Trade Rank: Merchant (19%)
    Explorer rank: mostly aimless (2%)

I did not buy Horizons yet, but if it is worth picking up I will. I bought this game along with Star Citizen and Ascent and they all seemed so incomplete that I really did not want to invest too much into unfinished games.

Re: New PLayer

Hey Xavior! I will happy to help you tonight, unfortunately I messed up my Windows install so it might be a little later in the evening. I can definitely help you with trading as my Imperial Cutter is currently outfitted for it. I will be in TS/Discord around 7:00 p.m. e.s.t. and we can discuss some of the things you want to talk about. One thing I strongly advise against, though, is combat logging. They can tell when you do that and I am pretty sure that that is a shadow bannable offense. Just submit to interdictions and supercruise out quicker. If you have decent shields, most of the time you will be able to get away easily.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Not sure I will be around too much this weekend, but here is the current configuration of my trading T6 ship. Since I am in solo mode still, my combat is all against NPCs and there is still a time limit before you can sign out, so I am not sure why that would be bannable, but thanks for the tip! I have not tried to flee the interdictions since my final upgrades to A level gear, so maybe it will work better now. (Before, my ship would be dead long before I could get to supercruise.)

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_tr...%20T6%20Trader

To find good trade loops, I have been using https://eddb.io/trade/loops

Edit - Yeah, the new upgrades make it really easy to run from interdiction. The only down side is that the same pirate will catch me a few times before I reach my destination, but I never even lose my shields.

For improving combat, is it best to fully upgrade a Sidewinder and go to low intensity combat zones?
      Last edited by xavier; 07-22-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I am will be in channel soon in case you get the chance; I apologize for the missed deadline I offered, but the Windows reinstall took longer than I expected. If you can't make it this weekend, it's not a problem, we can do something whenever you are available.

I like to use Elite Trade Net You can plug in your Coriolis or ED: Shipyard information and it will go off of that to help you make more profitable trades. I don't know if you use it, but if you want to add a small, but personal dimension to Elite, I recommend Inara; it's a journaling system that lets you chart your progress, including your credits and such.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
        [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
        [support]

Comment

Another good trade and travel site is here:

http://ed-td.space/

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X