Wormhole jumping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wormhole jumping

just wondering about wormhole jumping in eve online. do you just need one person to have the skills for it or does everyone in the fleet have to have it? and if only one person does what skills do you need for wormhole jumping?

Re: Wormhole jumping

wormhole jumping? you talking about scanning and entering wormhole space?

if so you only need the skills to find the wormhole you dont need any skills to enter it.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

No skills necessary, as long as you can find the wormhole, as Adept said. Remember that unlike gates, you can go back through immediately.
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

kk, cause my mining corp said we might do mining ops in a wormhole. didnt know what that meant exactly..

Comment

Well, just like any other mining op, just without the safety net ;)

You will need to be aware of your surroundings first. Learn the Directional Scanner. Love it. Keep it up as often as is practical. ASk here if your corp won't/can't help you with that.

The op will need to be organised with redundant probers. No sense all becoming trapped in w-space if the one guy who can probe goes down. Also, You will need logistics and combat ships in support, as sleepers will spawn in belts/gas clouds (where the real mining money is in wormholes).

Mostly, the corp will need to provide proper logistics for an op like this. Put down a tower for a safe place, haulage. Constant probing to find fresh static out holes. Constant vigilance against threats and enough combat ability to make it safe.
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

So many fun times in worm holes. if you have a lot of high end junk in your head would suggest using an alt clone. About a year ago I was doing a lot of mining in WH's made 2 billion isk over a couple weeks or so with about 70k Arkenor (sp). it got to be a bit dangerous as theres many pirates that would search for WH's to gank miners easy. during that same time I had losses of 1.5-2 billion isk.

Overall I made a ton of money but there is a major boom to bust cycle as over night you can drop a ton of money.

PS unless gas is worth a lot more gas mining is not worth the risk.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X