Voice Coms Usage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Coms Usage?

I started a month ago and I've been in 2 different corps so far and neither uses any voice coms. The corp I am in right now I like a lot, they have been around 5 years and have about 150 members and are the founding corp of our 3 year old alliance. We are pretty much a hisec carebear corp, but the other alliance corps are the pvp divisions.

Is it that common that people don't use voice coms in eve? Every other mmo it seems like it's a must
    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Re: Voice Coms Usage?

It is common of people who have problems with Eve chat to avoid it entirely. Otherwise, most people use it so it is a little surprising that no one in a 150 member corp uses it. Do they have a teamspeak channel that you missed?

Comment

they don't have any vent or TS server... no one is ever in the built in voice.... and normally there are only 10-15 people online. Many are alts and old corp members that haven't been online in several months.
      |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
      sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

All of the PvP oriented corporations I've been with in my 6 years have used Team Speak, we used Eve-Voice for coalition task forces where the corporations involved weren't in the same alliance but were blue to each other. I would suggest you hint at voice coms and the amount of game play it changes, and the teamwork and familiarity it fosters with your corp mates.

Those that don't use voice coms loose to those that do, any team work beats no teamwork.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

my new corp, you need to have teamspeak and a mic. plus the whole alliance uses the teamspeak as well for any kind of fleet battles. plus its good to let people know where any hostile ships are near or in the solar systems we own.

Comment

It's going to take me a while to get into PVP... I'm a little over a month old and I'm a highsec miner working toward a hulk. I know I can pvp with low skills, but I can't make income that way yet.

I don't want to be 100% carebear, but I also never intend to be the pirate type.

Anyone know of a corp that might be a good fit for me? My current one seems to be a loose collection of lonewolves that rarely communicate.
            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X