Account security warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account security warning

Last night my account was hacked by someone in China - according to recent activity log - who proceeded to sell all of my character's belongings and transfer him over to another account. Luckily I received emails warning me of these actions and CCP was able to halt the transfer and reimburse most of my stuff. I have not had an EVE subscription in a long time, and I didn't even have the client installed. Nor have I logged into the eve forums/accounts page since canceling my subscription more than a year ago (and on a different computer). One of my friends who played EVE 2-3 years ago thinks his account may also have been compromised as his character is already gone.

I advise everyone, especially those of you who have inactive accounts, to be extra vigilant and take measures to ensure your account is secure. Change your password, run virus / spyware checks, etc.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: Account security warning

I am sorry to hear this happened to you mate, contact me in-game and I'll help get you back on your feet.

Damion Rayne is my in-game.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Re: Account security warning

I don't play anymore, but thanks for the offer. Most/all of my ISK and items are still there, as far as I can tell.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X