Stopped in to say hi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped in to say hi

Just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing and if anyone from TGCOM is still playing? I tried to do a search for kills but none of the names I can remember show any.

Looks like there is a new expansion coming soon, any word on PC's being able to play dust yet? I heard of T3 ships other the starting one being out how are they?

Thinking a bit of starting up one of my toons again.
    sigpic

Re: Stopped in to say hi

Dust is PS3 exclusive. Welcome back mate, and T3 ships are great but the new battle-cruisers are crap.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

There are new T3 BC's?

I was to the point I could just fly a Proteus and Gallente HaC's, HIC's, assault, cov opps and a few others. About 23 mil skill points. I hear the training skills were removed and my training into skill points are now able to be spent on other things.

Not sure if I want to try playing again it was a bit of mixed bag when I was playing in 2010. Spent a lot of time in WH's made and lost a ton of money in WH's. I have a lot of BP's on my mining/research/manufacturing alt. Looking back all my K/D are gone likely a good thing as I was podded a lot in WH's.

Back when I was playing goon swarm had taken out there competition and were supported by I think northern alliance and it was a bleak outlook for anyone that was not connected to them. Are things as one sided as they were?

EDIT: I have spent the afternoon downloading latest versions of EVE EFT and EVEMon.
      sigpic

Comment

restarted my main up The Sleeper1a
        sigpic

Comment

The new battlecruisers are not Tech 3, they are Tier 3, meaning that they are simply a new Battlecruiser for every race.

And... crap? Have you had a chance to mess around with these things on Sisi?

My alliance, which is a part of the Goonswarm Coalition already has a fleet doctrine up for Tornadoes. We used to use Tempests for heavy damage, high mobility fleets, but now the Tornadoes fill that role perfectly. They don't need tank, as this fleet is primarily used for niche engagements such as lightly armored POS shoots in hostile space, and hotdrops on lone capitals and supercapitals. We caused a null-sec alliance to cascade not long ago by using these tactics along with recon runs and titan bridges ready to go at a moment's notice.

The Tornado for one is a great ship for a lot of our in and out attacks designed to kill infrastructure fast, before the opposing side can get a worthwhile fleet into range. And with logistics support, the fleet can take a decent beating.

Comment

My very limited understanding of the current state of null sec is that their are the Russians and the goons who dominate most of nul sec. The Russians are only loosely allied together though and have a few English speaking alliances allied with them. Someone who has played for more than 20 days can probably give a better explanation.

Comment

I'm inactive for a month, but still play Adeptis, ended up joining with few friends to make a pirate corp and mostly hang around in low sec doing faction warfare.

Waiting for the latest expansion before re subbing

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Two Things:

The Red's: are botting, RMT'ing, pieces of trash.
                The Goons: are well, there's a fellow TG member here, but they are still 99% pieces of trash. Anything that comes off the SA forums is human garbage. (save those few here in TG that play eve and play with goons)

I've been playing since Jan 9th 2006, so if you need anything drop me a line in game.

Damion Rayne

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

I'm not disputing Damion's opinion, as the Goons are generally an untrustworthy bunch, but I think I should offer a view from being on the inside, or friendly with them.

Goonswarm exists to be jerks, and to ruin other players' days. However, they are honorable and trustworthy to those on their blue list. Mainly because there are now and always have been severe penalties towards those goons who scam or otherwise betray any of their friends and allies. In fact, entire corporations have been purged because a member has seriously scammed or betrayed a friend of the alliance.

That being said, if you're not allied with them, don't freaking trust them. Assume that any goon talking to you will scam you and/or suicide gank you if he's on grid with you.

I've been allied with them since February, been on their voice comms, been in their jabber channels, and have access to their forums. And to be perfectly honest, once inside, contrary to what one would think, they're a good bunch of people. Very helpful, honest, and fair. The help and detail you get from members about questions you may have about the game or ships, rivals EVE University. As mentioned, my alliance (Gentlemen's Agreement) enjoys +10 standing towards and from them and we're heavily involved in planning for and participating in what is coming after Crucible is released.

Believe it or not, Goonswarm today is not as bad as it once was. Arguably, and this is also from an inside perspective, TEST Alliance is worse then Goonswarm. Take all the worst parts and local foul mouth spamming of Goonswarm and you have TEST. I honestly do not like working with them even though they are also +10 and a key part of the DEKCO. Goons on ops I have found, do not spam local unless they are fighting somebody they have hated for a long time... IE: Evoke... in that case, it's a long standing grudge and there's little you can do to prevent references to German history being directed towards the German Evoke alliance....

Nonetheless, I am actually very glad to be allied with them. And I am looking forward to winter. We've been given some of the details on what to expect, and I dare say you're going to see some of the largest fights in EVE history up north. They'll be as big as the NC v DRF fight in LXQ last October (3100 in local). It's gonna be a fun winter. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X