Need Guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Guidance

This is my first MMO I've ever played and I really want to get into it... The area of interest for me is player interaction, this is a big game with a ton of people... so I want to be able to have a good deal of teamwork. Now from what I've understood is that I need to literally spend days having my guy research mission critical skills or I'd stand absolutely no chance in the more interesting areas of space (where Concord doesn't roam).

As a group what is TG's goal? Are we only loosely tied in EVE or is their something larger I can work to be a part of within a month or two of time? Grinding is terribly boring... specifically when its skill grinding :P

Re: Need Guidance

One frequent tip: Pick a specialty, and work towards that. That will be a quick way to being useful and get more immersed, without months and months of training skills. Logistics, scout/recon, tackler, mining ops (should be a bigger thing again with the recent changes) would be some examples. Scanning down anomalies for hacking/decrypting/etc., teaming up on missions or deadspace runs all can be done pretty quickly, and are a fun way to work on operating in a gang/fleet.

Eve University is an in-game corporation that has a reputation as a good place to get immersed in a large, helpful group and explore areas of the game not available to smaller corps/individual players.

I'd also like to find out more about TG's goal in Eve.
    sigpic
    [squadl][conduct]

Comment

I really want to get involved with fleet commanding. I'd love a try at it but I know that is one specialty that'd do me no good right now.

I'm particularly bored with the PvE missions. Combat at my low level seems pretty straight forward and not really nuanced. I think Mining is a nice easy source of income right now with my other rl commitments but again I really want to push into PvP.

Comment

I've not been active all that much lately Ytman, but when you see me on TS again we'll have a nice long chat and make sure you go where you want in Eve.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...