Started back up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started back up

Just like to throw it out, made a new account, have an amarr character now. going to be doing some mission running with blooddops. can find me in 73rd channel if you want to get my char's name.

Re: Started back up

Hi brother, its been a while :) im new to eve DL the 14 day trial now, if it turns out good i will most likey buy it. It will be good to run with someone who knows the game. It looks very interesting and im a space geek so odds are i will be on often.

Comment

If I can find the budget for this next year I'll re-activate my old account. Been a long time gone and I forgot much of what to do or how to do it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Hi brother, its been a while :) im new to eve DL the 14 day trial now, if it turns out good i will most likey buy it. It will be good to run with someone who knows the game. It looks very interesting and im a space geek so odds are i will be on often.
        what are you thinking of doing in the game?

Comment

Not sure, a little of everything to get a feel for it. So far I really enjoy it. Right now i am just learning all the basics, and doing mostly military missions. I was a little confused about PLEX, we can make that in game and use to pay for subscription?

Comment

yes, but sometimes have to be careful with plex sometimes when moving it around especially in jita. heard that someone got ganked for moving some plex cards around.

Comment

Back when plexus came out some one was moving 2.8 billion isk worth and got popped. If I had time id love to rejoin eve. Still got all my isk and gear.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I'm still running missions with my Caldari carebear I kept behind when TGULT went low-sec.

The |TG|chat channel is still active btw. I'm gonna plan to hop in it from now on whenever I log on. Maybe I'll see you fellas there.

Comment

Ahh, Eve Online. Still get the itch to play it but I quit back in March finally. I played for about 2 years.

Some tips from my time playing:

1) Don't ever move PLEX in a ship, even if its a covert ops. People are very adept at finding them especially at trade hubs. You can redeem PLEX to any station you want, then apply it to your account once you dock there.

2) Pick a better profession than mining. I was mostly a miner and eventually had 3 alts to help me mine. I had a fully boosted Rorqual and hulks all maxed. Boring, unsafe work for less isk making potential than running anoms. It gets worse once you get the nice ores out in null sec, because they're roaming gangs that will often come through your system hunting for easy targets.

3) Eventually if you stick with the game, you will probably eventually move out to null sec. Be prepared to invest significantly more time with the game once you do. This part of the game was the most satisfying for me for a while, hanging out on teamspeak with my spaceship bros flying in fleets to defend your space. I participated in Intrepid Crossing's defense of their capital array in null sec by Goonswarm a month or two before they were invaded completely and it was a MASSIVE battle (1000+ people in one system fighting). We fought to a stalemate after 2 guys with carriers in my corp healed up the POS around the CSAA to reset the timer literally seconds before goons 200 man drake fleet warped in to kill the carriers and POS. Amazing battle. Eventually my corp rented their own systems and I became a director in my corp.

4) Don't ever become a director unless you like having a second job. It's real work and no fun, unless you're the CEO type and enjoy that sort of thing. I eventually accrued so many responsibilities I started to hate logging in and a reason why I quit and saved myself $60 a month for my main, and my alts.

I pretty much jumped all my stuff up to a low sec station in my Rorqual and haven't played since. There's so many things I love about the game, but its still a MMO at the end of the day. On the plus side, it has the most sleep-inducing music I've ever heard in my life. Seriously, put it on your iPod and you will fall asleep in 10 minutes.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

How does one start up an old char. I haven't played in 3+ years. Do the chars lay dormant forever?
                    Sarcoma.

Comment

Yes. Just login to account management and add game-time to that character:

https://secure.eveonline.com/
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

well Im not sure I remember my chars name its either Sarcoma or Tudor and the PW is long forgotten. I hope that customer support is friendly.
                        Sarcoma.

Comment

Are you guys all running in the same corp or what not? I'm thinking about coming back myself.
                          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                          and where all members
                          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I started back up too...

I had to create a new account and new character, because I have NO idea what my old username/email combo was for my old account. I've opened a support ticket to try and recover it, as it would be a shame to waste years worth of training, but I'm playing on a new character either way.

Currently running security missions around the Jita area in a Cormorant and building up some ISK while training for a better ship. I'm also doing some manufacturing/trading and have made quite a decent chunk of change just playing with poorly thought out buy/sell orders in the market.

I looked and saw that TEGL still exists, but I'm not sure who the current CEO is. I didn't recognize, nor now do I remember, what the character's name was.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Apo didn't you use the Harry potter kill spell as your character name. And if its ivana that would be gun junkies Indies alt.
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...