Eve Character Manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve Character Manager

Ok this runs off the My Character page off the home page. Right now that's down so this program won't work until it's active again.

- -

Re: Eve Character Manager

okay sweet...when this is up and running imma do alot of stuff "offline"....still not sure if im going to get a subscription
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

well i got it to work...so its like "leveling" up very fast...is that gonna be there when i log into the game later or just a offline thing.....cuase that pretty sweet if its gonna be there when i get online later
      -Vulcan

Comment

The learning continues even when not 'logged in'. For example before I went to bed last night I set my character on a 6 hour job. I woke up, quickly logged in and it had 45 seconds left. When it had finished I set it on a long learning time (20hours) and went to work.

I imagine I will follow this pattern; when I am logged in I will give it shorter jobs (sub 2 hours) in order to get new skill areas quickly as I can set the next one going whilst logged in, and I need to have the books available. When at work / sleep / out I will have it running on the long term skills.

And yes, the concept of 'levelling when not there' is quite a change. We notice the most effect when not logged in!

Comment

I don't think the ECM actually changes your in-game skill selection, it just downloads the character XML and tracks your progress over time. If you associate it with an EVE client, does it log in and manipulate the skill window?
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

yah im thinking you can make your ECM do skills when you are away..cause i am able to see what skills are learning now...
            -Vulcan

Comment

I don't think it's working 100% at this point. It seems to be able to download your current skill tree and what's going on, but not actually modify your current skill and what you are learning. It might just be an update issue or something, but I have verified that it does not update your online character when you make a change or switch skills.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Apo is right. I think there used to be an API exposed to 3rd party clients by CCP - but they cnxed it.
                So the "Eve Character Manager" is really just an "Eve Character Viewer/Planner" ...
                "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

It might be temporarily nerfed since they patched it to Red Moon Rising. Yesterday I couldn't get anything at all from that page (it took me to the news section).

Comment

It says on the website that this does NOT train your skills it is just for planning.

Nevertheless, I can not even get the program to log on and retreive my details. It just says invid logon. there is a FAQ about this which just suggests closing the program and retrying. Has anyone else got this to work?
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Common problem.
                      Click the toolbar button near the top left which looks like a light bulb, and is labelled: "Refresh skills from Eve online" or something like that.

Click it a few times, it should get through after a few. That's from the FAQ on the FFET site.
                      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                      - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...