Question about skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about skills

Right now I am learning Calderi Frigate level 3 and it was going to take about 1 day 3 hours. I was just wondering if there is anything that speeds up learning like implants or something, or something that lets you train more than one. I ask because this is only a level 3 skill, taking over a day, so what would be the point of having an external character manager when the skills are so slow to learn?

Re: Question about skills

For frigate i believe the primary stat is perception. You can get a skill that raises your perception stat. Learning skill does an across the board modifier.

- -

Comment

We should invest in some learning skill books for everyone. Getting them all to rank 4 or 5 will really speed up your advancement.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Yea, learned about the skill books and such today. Steelers idea sounds like a good one.

Comment

Learn Learning, to at least 4, preferably 5. This is a significant time cost, but it helps in the long run. Also, to get access to most equipment and special skills, Electronics and Engineering are good to learn to 3, 5 for the long game.
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Yes I am doing electronics to 2 right now. Learning is the 2% bonus skill isn't it? Yea, I'll get that tonight as well.

Comment

i figured here would be a fine place for this question instead of starting a new little thread....what launchers do defendor missles go into...ive got the skill and i am just waiting to figure that out
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Rocket launchers and standard launchers. Way to bring back my newb question thread :P

Comment

Ok, how about these 'learning' skills I keep hearing about? I do not have the option to train them up. I understand I need a book? Do we have any of these available in the corp?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

yah you can buy them from stations or if you need certian ones, let us know and we can go and get them for you while we are out. you need the book to start the skill once you learn level 1 you can learn more levels without the book
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Trooper's right.
                      But more on the learning skills - they're crucial, and you should do them early, because:
                      • Each level of learning increases the speed at which you gain skill points
                      • Each level of the "Attribute" skills increases one of your character's attributes by 1
                      • Each skill's learning rate and effective use is dependent on a primary and secondary attribute

Look at the market, and look for skills, and look at the learning category. You will see "Learning" itself, and 5(?) other skills - each of which relate to and increase one primary attribute.
                      For instance, "Spatial Awareness" will increase your Perception skill - which is the primary attribute for most combat skills. When you train "Gunnery", for instance, it will go faster with a higher Perception skill. Also, someone with Gunnery I and Perception 4 will not be as good at "gunning" as someone with Gunnery I and Perception 18.
                      See?

I would recommend this strategy for n00bz:
                      1. Raise Learning to 4 and all "Attribute skills" to 3 before skilling anything else.
                      2. One exception to #1 is a skill you just GOTTA have RIGHT AWAY.
                      3. A second exception to #1 is a skill you just need raised to level 1 and is only going to cost you 30 min.
                      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                      - Lazarus Long

Comment

Very helpful link. Skills sorted by category in italics. Just scroll down to the skill category you are looking for. If you dont have the skill category at all on your personal skill list, you havent learned that skill at all and must pick up the basic book to get access to that category (ex. if corporation management isnt on your skill list, you must get the corporation management skill book to get access to that category, etc.).

http://www.eve-offline.net/skill.dxd?sort=group
                        -33rd- BaneII
                        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse